PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need some testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
nand had this patch for over a month now.. this is for the haret folk
o! well glad i have u here now!! cuz this never worked for me even with droid explorer..but i wont stray ofcoarse to much since its for haret users..will head over to nand thread
Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so the computer recognizes the phone and the computer downloaded the drives for it and it is showing it is connected on the computer. So whats next?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
so the computer recognizes the phone and the computer downloaded the drives for it and it is showing it is connected on the computer. So whats next?
Do you know how to adb into your phone? i'm not even sure how you do this in windows. Hoping you guys know :-p

If adb works, and you can plug usb and unplug with no issues and have it re-recognize. i think thats all i need to commit this patch.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Do you know how to adb into your phone? i'm not even sure how you do this in windows. Hoping you guys know :-p

If adb works, and you can plug usb and unplug with no issues and have it re-recognize. i think thats all i need to commit this patch.
Downloading now. I'll test this out for you and make sure ADB is working.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No im not sure how to adb into my phone but if you find out tell me and i will test it k. But i can plug usb and unplug with no issues and it does re-recognize flawlessly.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Hey ACl what else do you want tested i have plenty of free time
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey ACl what else do you want tested i have plenty of free time
thats it.. thats all this patch does. I really wish we could test adb but it looks like you need to download the android sdk and all that crap. If you already have that then just google adb windows and they have really good instructions there.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
thats it.. thats all this patch does. I really wish we could test adb but it looks like you need to download the android sdk and all that crap. If you already have that then just google adb windows and they have really good instructions there.
They just need the tools and drivers, not the whole SDK. But anyway, here is your logcat output. Everything functions same for me as it did on NAND.

Test.txt is from startup. Test2.txt is while in Android, I plugged it in while ADB was waiting for the connection. Let that one run for a bit while I clicked around and pressed buttons.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (22.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
They just need the tools and drivers, not the whole SDK. But anyway, here is your logcat output. Everything functions same for me as it did on NAND.

Test.txt is from startup. Test2.txt is while in Android, I plugged it in while ADB was waiting for the connection. Let that one run for a bit while I clicked around and pressed buttons.
Thanks bro.. this is good enough for me. Time to commit.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

alright i will try and google it and test. What are you working on next after usb?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2