PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is your SD Card recognized?

I wanted to start a useful thread here. I wanted to know who has an SD card that is recognized by Android. I have one, but it isn't recognized, so I can't use any apps that require it (Titanium Backup, AP Mobile), and also can't download stuff from the browser. Needless to say, it sort of makes it less useful, so I want to see who has an SD card that is working, what type it is and anything else relevant (formatting, cluster size, etc.).

So, to start, I have an 8GB A-Data card, class 6, microSDHC. I've tried various formats (FAT, FAT16, FAT32) and various cluster sizes, though I don't remember them all, and it isn't picked up in Android. I have a /sdcard folder with all the stuff on my storage card, but for some reason, apps don't see it.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Is your SD Card recognized?

Phone sees the card on mine. Class 2, 4gb sandisk. I'm running the setup with different partitions though, so that might have something to do with it? I'm not sure, so I can't say. Currently running the Neopeek SuperFroyo RC2 build.

But I have the ability to navigate through the fat32 partition and the ext2 partition as well. I haven't run the xdandroid setup lately and don't remember if my SD card was recognized or not. I'll have to check on that.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

At first my 16gb card wasn't getting recognized in the latest android build. Until I reformated it. All good now.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
At first my 16gb card wasn't getting recognized in the latest android build. Until I reformated it. All good now.
+1. Android should recognize the card - it doesn't much care the type of card or size. Try reformatting the card OP!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I've formatted the card twice now within the past week to try and get it to work. Not sure what's wrong. I did check out the XDAndroid thread at XDA and saw that they say to use the HP formatting tool. I'll try that then when I get home. I had this issue before, and I think I got it recognized at some point, but don't remember what I did, if anything, to fix it. It is a real PITA though when I update and have to start with a new data file.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

I have an A-Data class 6, 16gb card the isn't recognized either even after reformatting
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work

test this for me go to Johnson-panther.homeserver.com and log in with your username and the password as "Password!" go to the shared folders tab and go to project android download the folder called test and put that in your sd card and run android and see if that works for sd card let me know asap.

that is my home server please do not mess with any thing and it is 100% safe
Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastone View Post
I have an A-Data class 6, 16gb card the isn't recognized either even after reformatting
Have you tried with the HP tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I've formatted the card twice now within the past week to try and get it to work. Not sure what's wrong. I did check out the XDAndroid thread at XDA and saw that they say to use the HP formatting tool. I'll try that then when I get home. I had this issue before, and I think I got it recognized at some point, but don't remember what I did, if anything, to fix it. It is a real PITA though when I update and have to start with a new data file.
You can backup your stuff d00d Even when we tell you to delete your data.img, you can just rename it - if the issue persists, just go back to your old data.img. Hopefully with the new signing stinebd put in the new system file we won't have to do it as frequently... or at all perhaps? Wishful thinking, I know
Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deelirium is a n00b

I have the same problem as the OP. Formatted a couple times and still does not work.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelirium View Post
I have the same problem as the OP. Formatted a couple times and still does not work.
Oy... Have you tried with any other tools other than just the default Windows or WinMo ones?

Some were saying it's a partitioning issue, and I don't think Windows does anything with the partition table on SD cards, and GParted definitely does, and that HP tool may...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2