PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newest Htc Sense On Froyo Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
hey ACL how u doin buddy
u might know about this already but have u looked at the htc desire z ? we know it has an 800mhz processor and i thought it might have been a toned down version of the snapdraggon but according to HTC Desire Z Specifications | MobileTechWorld
it is an 800 MHz MSM7230 Processor
i dunno if its me but maybe we might have something here
maybe its just wishful thinking and i might be wrong but let me know what u think
Uh... that is a Snapdragon... What makes you think it isn't!??!

Definitely does us little to no good.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-16-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Uh... that is a Snapdragon... What makes you think it isn't!??!

Definitely does us little to no good.
not that i wana argue here but im talking about the Desire Z not HD
the Desire HD has the QSD but the specs on the Desire Z aka T-mobile G2 are as follows

MSM7230 800 MHz ARMv7 Adreno 205 GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS/WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+ 45 nm 2nd Gen Dell Flash, Dell Smoke, HTC Desire Z/T-Mobile G2, Acer Liquid Metal

and this is from the website u put
its a MSM7K it's not the QSD8k series
again, Desire Z (the one with the 3.7 inch and a keyboard) NOT the Desire HD with the 4.3 inch screen and no keyboard
the Desire Z is very similar to the Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
not that i wana argue here but im talking about the Desire Z not HD
the Desire HD has the QSD but the specs on the Desire Z aka T-mobile G2 are as follows

MSM7230 800 MHz ARMv7 Adreno 205 GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS/WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+ 45 nm 2nd Gen Dell Flash, Dell Smoke, HTC Desire Z/T-Mobile G2, Acer Liquid Metal

and this is from the website u put
its a MSM7K it's not the QSD8k series
again, Desire Z (the one with the 3.7 inch and a keyboard) NOT the Desire HD with the 4.3 inch screen and no keyboard
the Desire Z is very similar to the Touch Pro 2
Did you even READ the link I sent? Bother to search it at the very least? Oy ve...
Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Did you even READ the link I sent? Bother to search it at the very least? Oy ve...
dude i copy/paste the specs from the link gave me
what r u talkin about ?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

madizmo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
dude i copy/paste the specs from the link gave me
what r u talkin about ?
Mikezpc i have to agree that site lists it as you say
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Wow. I'll take a screenshot.

From the snapdragon wiki page... Just because it's not QSD doesn't mean it's not a Snapdragon... That section is literally for Current & Future Specifications for the Snapdragon proc. Notice there's MSM8660 for dual-core as well as QSD8672....

Desire Z is NOT very similar to the Rhodium, other than how it looks....

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-17-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
hey ACL how u doin buddy
u might know about this already but have u looked at the htc desire z ? we know it has an 800mhz processor and i thought it might have been a toned down version of the snapdraggon but according to HTC Desire Z Specifications | MobileTechWorld
it is an 800 MHz MSM7230 Processor
i dunno if its me but maybe we might have something here
maybe its just wishful thinking and i might be wrong but let me know what u think
sup buddy .. MSM7230 is evil as well.. if we all had the Legend, then this would be good news. Now that doesnt mean its all useless, after all the original 2.1 sense was a hybrid of 3 devices (eris, legend, desire). But we heavily relied on the Eris for binary compatibility.

Now i hevent been keeping up with the hero devs to see where they are at. This latest framebuffer patch im working on has consumed me 100%.. I'm close but not yet done with it and once that is out of the way, hopefully i can jump back into this.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Thanks again for all your hard work.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Thanks [ACL]

Not sure why he didn't believe me when I said it's a Snapdragon and he read right off of the Snapdragon wiki page...

The way Qualcomm labels procs is confusing, MSM and QSD....
Old 11-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Thanks [ACL]

Not sure why he didn't believe me when I said it's a Snapdragon and he read right off of the Snapdragon wiki page...

The way Qualcomm labels procs is confusing, MSM and QSD....
its not that i didn't believe you its that u were being ignorant, arrogant and stupid about it! thats why. ACL said he is looking for a MSM7K cpu, and what does that one have ? MSM7xxx he said no QSD!
u get it through ur thick skull now ??
ok

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2