PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can we charge TP2 while in android

I dont know if this has been covered and I looked in multiply place but couldn't find if we can charge our tp2 while running android. Any help would be much appreciated thx
Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yes, charging works. However, the battery meter is a bit off so it may show charging complete after a couple minutes. I have left mine charging overnight without any problems.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 09-24-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can we charge TP2 while in android

does the phone actually get to a complete charge like if you used it all day and the battery is almost dead will it recharge back to normal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

AVakil is a n00b

Also curious about this one. It seems to be a pretty functional phone.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
does the phone actually get to a complete charge like if you used it all day and the battery is almost dead will it recharge back to normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVakil View Post
Also curious about this one. It seems to be a pretty functional phone.
Not sure what you guys are asking... it'll charge to 100%, there's just no indication that it's still charging...
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well my phone will only charge for a few minutes before it says it is completely charged even tho the battery is actually almost dead. is there a trick to get it to work?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
well my phone will only charge for a few minutes before it says it is completely charged even tho the battery is actually almost dead. is there a trick to get it to work?
Dude we already answered this.... Basically the charging status is broken in Android currently, so it'll say it's fully charged when it is indeed charging still. As I've already stated as well, there's no indication other than rebooting to WinMo to get an accurate battery reading.

Such is life when testing porting projects that are incomplete...
Old 09-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

o ok cool sry i just didnt understand at first thx. so will the phone stop charging tho when it is fully charged or will it mess up the battery if you leave it on to long
Old 09-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
o ok cool sry i just didnt understand at first thx. so will the phone stop charging tho when it is fully charged or will it mess up the battery if you leave it on to long
I can't say for sure, but I use Android as my primary OS and charge it usually all day, no adverse effects on the phone or battery.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
I can't say for sure, but I use Android as my primary OS and charge it usually all day, no adverse effects on the phone or battery.
Just to calm anyone's fears, I saw the devs talking about this, and the battery has an overcharge circuit built into it - so it won't overcharge at a hardware level.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2