PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2 sprint
Carrier: mobifone

locvass is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This thread is for FroYo (FRX). You downloaded Gingerbread (GBX).

You should read the first post of the GBX thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...3-7-build.html

It tells you how to do things. Like copy CSV files. Kinda necessary for sound in this (TESTING) build. Yes, it's still in testing - mainly because of the need to copy the CSV files to the root of your card.
tks for answering, i'm a newbie so i don't know about it, can u help me to make sound for my phone and tell me more about android os when i use dual os on my phone plz
tks
Old 05-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by locvass View Post
tks for answering, i'm a newbie so i don't know about it, can u help me to make sound for my phone and tell me more about android os when i use dual os on my phone plz
tks
We were all newbies at some point, with that said, we will help you once you read the thread.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Updated post 1 to avoid some of this confusion, thanks guys.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Acer M900
Carrier: Rogers

caldair is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED** Copy screen calibration file, THIS ONE --> ts-calibration.7z: (also attached to bottom of this post), UNZIP IT, then put into same place as haret.exe, to avoid touching white pluses on screen (calibrating) on 1st boot. Very tough to see the calibration white marks on tiny white font/black background, very tough. If your phone boots up to the water background but you can't slide the unlock, then your calibration is WAY off, reboot & copy the file!!!!!!!
You can accurately calibrate your touch screen after booting up using the method here: HOW TO: Calibrate your Touch Screen on Newer Kernels in GBX0C - xda-developers
Old 06-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

DaveBlank is a n00b

What kind of difficulty level is this? I read the first page...could a nub handle this?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBlank View Post
What kind of difficulty level is this? I read the first page...could a nub handle this?
Start with FRX07.1. Once you get the hang of it, move up to GBX0C. Then, when you've decided WinMo needs to go, OMGB all the way .

The SD installs are really quite easy... GBX has some extra steps, but they're not difficult by any means. There's 0 brick risk using the SD method as well - which is why I recommend starting with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaveBlank is a n00b

I finally got the FRX07 on the first post to work last night...the WiFi won't work. i tried turning it on in windows mode and then rebooting. when I pick a network it just says remembered, secured with WEP.

Last edited by DaveBlank; 06-21-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: figured out contacts problem...
Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
I finally got the FRX07 on the first post to work last night...the WiFi won't work. i tried turning it on in windows mode and then rebooting. when I pick a network it just says remembered, secured with WEP.
Please read the FAQ.

WEP is horribly insecure, you might as well run an open network... Literally. Use WPA2!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

socialdavid is a n00b

Complete newbie, but I haven't seen question elsewhere and this is a starter sticky, so: Installed FRX07, installed a bunch of apps, all fine. Except WIFI doesn't work at all. Saw post suggesting might have to create file to copy MAC address at boot, so created and copied file. Then I went to Dev Tools to use the suggested command...except I don't have Dev Tools, or it's not visible. There is a Superuser app, but no way to run it in command mode that I can see. What to do now?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC TP2

chadcopper is a n00b

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Start with FRX07.1. Once you get the hang of it, move up to GBX0C. Then, when you've decided WinMo needs to go, OMGB all the way .

The SD installs are really quite easy... GBX has some extra steps, but they're not difficult by any means. There's 0 brick risk using the SD method as well - which is why I recommend starting with it.
Hi, total noob here, so bear w me please. First, I have read and researched a *whole* lot on here before posting this, and honestly my head's swimmming a bit from it all lol. Couple of questions I haven't found the answers to yet:

1--> What would be the incresed difficulty in starting with GBX0C instead of FRx07.1? Reason I ask is bc from everything Ive read on here, it sounds like GBX0C 3.3.8 w/the .39 kernel is the best combo of advancement + stability (based esp on the "[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build" thread posts #512-520 + me having a nexus 7).

2--> To install the above vers of GBX0C, would I still follow the wonderfully-detalied intstructions in "Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)", but simply do the addt'l steps in "[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build"?

3--> I plan on having my calls fwd'd to a backup VM phone while doing all this to my TP2. Would flashing a new ROM on my TP2 interfere w my calls being fwd'd? AND will I still be able to DE-fwd my calls after new ROM by dailing *720 like I normally do? (I think probly so, since I think thats a function of sprint, not my TP2, but thought Id ask just in case)

I'm sorry if this is too much in one post, I really am brand new to all this. But I am VERY excited at the prospect of my TP2 not freezing up all the time, since I really do like this phone. Thank you all in advance, tho!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2