PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Thanks SC/Ant, that was very helpful for some1 like me.

Please ignore my dump questions, is this VERY slower than normal Android, because sometimes it takes a while to open each apps.. Should I wipe everything from my SD card and start over?

Where can I get more Themes/bg like some people on this forum has?

The last time I installed this Android on TP2 was in Sept, to update to newer version, do I have to start over? Thanks a bunch again.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Simple Guide 12/11 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Also noise on all calls, the person on the other end (mainly them) and I can't hear well, any solution for that?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
Thanks SC/Ant, that was very helpful for some1 like me.

Please ignore my dump questions, is this VERY slower than normal Android, because sometimes it takes a while to open each apps.. Should I wipe everything from my SD card and start over?

Where can I get more Themes/bg like some people on this forum has?

The last time I installed this Android on TP2 was in Sept, to update to newer version, do I have to start over? Thanks a bunch again.
I would try updating first, rootfs, kernal, etc. These can be found in incremental updates in the first post of this thread. If that doesn't help rename your data.img and see if that fixes it, per arrrghhh renaming data.img forces a new data.img to be made automatically.

There are Backgrounds in the app drawer or you can use any cam pic or pic from the web.

When I went from FRX06 to 07 I downloaded all files from the zip then deleted the new data.img and replaced it with my old data.img. I also replaced the rootfs.img with the latest per arrrghhh's suggestion after certain apps wouldn't work.

If you decide to reinstall everything back up all your stuff first with Titanium backup.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Also noise on all calls, the person on the other end (mainly them) and I can't hear well, any solution for that?
Try activating speaker phone once call is active with incall ring then turn off speaker phone.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCHPRO 2
Carrier: sprint

paul24067 is a n00b

awesome worked so great. many thanks . :P
Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Try activating speaker phone once call is active with incall ring then turn off speaker phone.

Thanks! When I connect this via USB, my laptop doesn't reconize it, any suggestion?

Also, any solution to static noise on all calls, I always have to turn on/off "Speaker" to get the noise out.

I updated rootfs and kernal, how do I make sure it's updated correctly?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks! When I connect this via USB, my laptop doesn't reconize it, any suggestion?

Also, any solution to static noise on all calls, I always have to turn on/off "Speaker" to get the noise out.

I updated rootfs and kernal, how do I make sure it's updated correctly?
The new acoustic test build fixes the static on calls. Otherwise the only "fix" is flipping the speakerphone on/off...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...3-7-build.html

USB should work, look for a program called "Droid Explorer".

Kernel's easy to verify if updated, look in Settings -> About Phone. rootfs is more esoteric, unfortunately there isn't a simple way to verify - but you shouldn't have multiple rootfses in your folder anyways, so make sure to always remove the old and rename the new to rootfs.img!

Assuming you remove the old, there's really no question if you replaced it or not .
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The new acoustic test build fixes the static on calls. Otherwise the only "fix" is flipping the speakerphone on/off...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...3-7-build.html

USB should work, look for a program called "Droid Explorer".

Kernel's easy to verify if updated, look in Settings -> About Phone. rootfs is more esoteric, unfortunately there isn't a simple way to verify - but you shouldn't have multiple rootfses in your folder anyways, so make sure to always remove the old and rename the new to rootfs.img!

Assuming you remove the old, there's really no question if you replaced it or not .
Thanks arrrghhh for all your work. Is Android Market Place only place to DL apps? If via other sites I found, how do I install it on to the phone?
Is there a MS Outlook sync app, like the one in WM?

Also, I DL'ed few apps from market place, how do I change the settings (i.e. Sense widget, etc)?
Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks arrrghhh for all your work. Is Android Market Place only place to DL apps? If via other sites I found, how do I install it on to the phone?
Is there a MS Outlook sync app, like the one in WM?

Also, I DL'ed few apps from market place, how do I change the settings (i.e. Sense widget, etc)?
Yeesh.

You can download apps wherever you want. Please read the FAQ, it mentions many ways to install apps (thru the AndroidApps folder, adb install, or thru a file explorer app like Astro).

Accounts & Sync...? Not sure what you mean. That's what I use, syncs to my gmail account beautifully. It'll work for Exchange accounts too.

Settings are always in the app itself. Usually you hit the "menu" (win key) button while in the app.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I DL'ed Droid Explorer, now it reads the folders, but I don't see my entire storage card via USB, any ideas?

I had all my contacts in WM Outlook, how do I transfer them from WM to Android.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2