PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

ammaralo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no connection/signal

Hi,
I installed Xandroid on my tp2, but everytime i boot it up, it cant get a signal or connection. Whats the deal?
Somewhere I read it said take out the Sim Card. I did, and still no signal. Wifi doesnt work either.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: no connection/signal

didnt wanna look and not leave a comment, but if you took out the SIM already im not sure..

you can still try the "force cdma" command by changing the startup.txt i believe.... its mentioned in several threads in this forum
Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

1 L0v3 my HtC is a n00b

im having an issue with connecting too. just installed this last night and an a complete noob to this my self. can someone explain to me how to change the startup.txt file.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro2 ->->evo4g

im4u2hear is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 L0v3 my HtC View Post
im having an issue with connecting too. just installed this last night and an a complete noob to this my self. can someone explain to me how to change the startup.txt file.
easier way than playing with startup.txt download this http://sites.google.com/site/android...tartup-utility ... choose wvga
Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

1 L0v3 my HtC is a n00b

Hey man thanks a pant load. That did the trick and i definitely suggest that anyone having a problem in the same area look into this.

Well my above statement is true but now that ive been using it for a minuet i have another problem. I did an update using the utility and since then it will boot. Once it gets signal though it vibrates and restarts the phone.

Last edited by 1 L0v3 my HtC; 09-08-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added 2nd problem
Old 09-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro DOS (2) [win mo 6.5][android 2.2]
Carrier: Boost

brka is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 L0v3 my HtC View Post
Hey man thanks a pant load. That did the trick and i definitely suggest that anyone having a problem in the same area look into this.

Well my above statement is true but now that ive been using it for a minuet i have another problem. I did an update using the utility and since then it will boot. Once it gets signal though it vibrates and restarts the phone.
yup it was doing that to me to..check that the startup.txt doesnt have a 1 by the hdw3d(or something like that) command i think that 1 is forcing hardware 3d accel ..i dont think our phones support that yet if so change it to 0 and leave a space between 0 and the " did that and it worked for me ..
Old 09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

This worked for me, in the FAQ of project android "first make sure you are trying with "Force CDMA" box checked in the startup utility. Or add "force_cdma=1" to the cmdline in your startup.txt." I added the 1 rather than the 0 in default.txt and startup.txt and never had an issue since.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2