PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant uninstall launch pro trial version on TP2 Blazin

I have the launch pro trial that came with the blazin2.2 but i want to install launch pro plus but when i try it asks me to uninstall the previous version i say yes but then i get a message installation unsucessful or something to that effect and so i go to my application manager to uninstall it but when i try that the uninstall button for launch pro trial is greyed out. Was this blazin designed to that since its cooked in?? Is there anyway to work around this?? Im on the TP2 Blazin 2.2 8/30/10
Old 09-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kwiksilver is a n00b
Re: Cant uninstall launch pro trial version on TP2 Blazin

No reason to uninstall it, if you have a valid license just put in your key.

Now if you're trying to install an illegal version that's another story and you probably won't find help here.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2 6.5>tp2 6.1> (3) tp1s> (2) titans> (3) apaches
Carrier: sprint

mattatat is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattatat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksilver View Post
No reason to uninstall it, if you have a valid license just put in your key.

Now if you're trying to install an illegal version that's another story and you probably won't find help here.
he may be looking to change it because it started crashing and poping up messages that the beta trial had expired... happened to me... kinda hard to do anything when you just have the notification bar... no menus.. no widgets, nothing.... would be helpful to be able to uninstall...
Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You need to update to the latest free version 0.7.7.2. Get it at http://launcherpro.com/ (go there from your Android Browser) then unlock the Plus version by entering your key if you already have one.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

I want to remove it all together and use the stock launcher and see if that helps with all the crashes. I get the android.core having to quit message quite often even after doing clean install on freshly formatted SD card and running about 3 widgets only. Its annoying so I would like to remove it.

If there is no way to remove it then thats all you guys have to say instead of giving the same option to update and activate. For those of us that want it completely off, we would like some ideas or methods to remove it. LauncherPro is not the only Home Launcher out there either.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I believe you cannot uninstall it because it's built into the ROM. I just tried uninstalling OI File Manager, and it was unsuccessful.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

You need to first get titanium Backup from the market, it is free. Also you will need to download an alternative launcher and set it to default for now. I like launcher+ beta because it is small and called the "open source branch of the stock 2.0 launcher."
After you download and install a 2nd launcher (adwlauncher, home++, Launcher+ beta all options) If you still can't pick it when you tap the home button don't worry we will clear launcherpro from default next.

Next I went to, "settings>applications>manage applications>Launcherpro" Forced stop and made sure to uninstall any updates because I guess it auto updates. Also I cleared data and cleared cache and I cleared defaults.

Next, go into titanium backup and follow the on screen prompts then get the the 'Backup/restore' tab. Scroll down and tap Launcherpro then tap un-install!. When it is done reboot android.

When you boot back up you should be left with only the second launcher you installed and now you can install Launcherpro plus and uninstall the other launcher.

OI manager can be uninstalled like this as well both of these files just need a program that uses root access to uninstall them.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros

Last edited by Masterface7; 09-16-2010 at 10:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
You need to first get titanium Backup from the market, it is free. Also you will need to download an alternative launcher and set it to default for now. I like launcher+ beta because it is small and called the "open source branch of the stock 2.0 launcher."
After you download and install a 2nd launcher (adwlauncher, home++, Launcher+ beta all options) If you still can't pick it when you tap the home button don't worry we will clear launcherpro from default next.

Next I went to, "settings>applications>manage applications>Launcherpro" Forced stop and made sure to uninstall any updates because I guess it auto updates. Also I cleared data and cleared cache and I cleared defaults.

Next, go into titanium backup and follow the on screen prompts then get the the 'Backup/restore' tab. Scroll down and tap Launcherpro then tap un-install!. When it is done reboot android.

When you boot back up you should be left with only the second launcher you installed and now you can install Launcherpro plus and uninstall the other launcher.

OI manager can be uninstalled like this as well both of these files just need a program that uses root access to uninstall them.

Worked like a charms.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have run into this problem. Since I do not have a key for this program and it appears to have bricked the install, can someone suggest another alternative that does not use this launcher? I cannot get anywhere on the phone....
Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
I have run into this problem. Since I do not have a key for this program and it appears to have bricked the install, can someone suggest another alternative that does not use this launcher? I cannot get anywhere on the phone....
Grab Home switcher and use either launcher or ADW, make them your default launcher, then use titanium backup to uninstall launcher pro, the go to market and d/l the latest one. If that doesn't work, you can remove launcherpro itself using astro and then reload. I think the problem is that it's built into the system and as such can't be updated. It happened to me too and I just happened to figure it out, I believe by removing it entirely. If you can't get it to work this way, let me know and I'll try to figure out where I removed it from in order to get it to load.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2