PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jdr00ejr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jdr00ejr
Exchange Issues on newest Android Release

So I downloaded the newest android release (8/30) and leaped with joy when it booted and made noise. I played around with the settings and had no issues at all until I tried to set up my exchange account.

I entered Mail and set up my account.
I received a warning that my company enforces some security policies that I had to accept.
I accepted those and it said I was set up correctly.
At that point my phone appeared to have rebooted Android as the original logo with the phones started across my screen - but then it froze.
After rebooting I was stuck in Airplane Mode - realized my Sim was in so removed it. That fixed Airplane.

However, every time I boot up now, I get repeated calendar errors and have to "FORCE QUIT" which is the only option on the screen when the error comes up. This happens without every going into the Calendar. If try to go into mail the same thing happens - calendar error.

I removed my exchange account and things mellowed out - no more errors. As soon as I add it back - the errors are immediately back.

Anyone else have this issue and have a resolution? If Exchange worked I think I'd be running Android full time instead of WinMo.

Really hoping I'm not alone and that the solution is an easy one.

~~~~~~~~~
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not on thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdr00ejr is a n00b
Re: Exchange Issues on newest Android Release

Bummer...54 views - no one else having the same issue. Guess I keep dealing with slow WinMo and try Android again on the next release...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdr00ejr is a n00b

Not wanting to give up on Android just yet - I removed Blazin and installed Reference. Woohoo! Now I can use my exchange account. I'm getting an occasional program crash but it just relaunches if it does. It's definately slower than Blazin but working...I'm excited for the moment...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor

i would suggest wiping all the android stuff from your card and giving blazin one more try...i have a gut feeling that it would work for you that way
Old 09-01-2010, 05:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdr00ejr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_jughead View Post
i would suggest wiping all the android stuff from your card and giving blazin one more try...i have a gut feeling that it would work for you that way
I had completely wiped everything from my SD Card before I tried Blazin. Then I wiped everything from my card and went to Reference. I'm certainly not apposed to trying what you are suggested but I'm not understanding how it would make any difference compared to what I've already done.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

ghdtpdna is a n00b

I have the same issue.
I get the annoying warning but it works otherwise.
I still can't get the contact list from Exchange. Do you know how?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdr00ejr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdtpdna View Post
I have the same issue.
I get the annoying warning but it works otherwise.
I still can't get the contact list from Exchange. Do you know how?
Do you have "Sync Contacts" checked under your Account Settings? It's working just fine for me on "Reference" instead of "Blazin."

Occasionally though my phone goes crabby and won't sync email because my exchange server thinks it can't implement it's policies but then it eventually works itself out and starts syncing again.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:01 PM
DarkLight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Does your company have a "password" policy with regards to Android OS phones? If so, set an unlock password (not a dot password) before you set up your Exchange account. I had this issue last week and that fixed my problem. Of course I had them take me out of that policy group as the policy was a test and has since been back-burner'd...
Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jdr00ejr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
Does your company have a "password" policy with regards to Android OS phones? If so, set an unlock password (not a dot password) before you set up your Exchange account. I had this issue last week and that fixed my problem. Of course I had them take me out of that policy group as the policy was a test and has since been back-burner'd...
It does have a "Password" Policy. I had set up the dot password and sometimes it would sync sometimes it wouldn't. Then I switched to the Pin Password and same thing, sometimes it'll sync - sometimes it won't. It seems that when I first boot into Android is when it's most cranky. After it figures itself out - it seems to settle down and stop complaining. Not sure what's differnt or why - but it's like after 2 or three forced attempts at syncing and getting the warning, the warning finally goes away and all is better.

I'm pretty stoked about this Android Build....I've been quite happy with it so far (Reference) that is. The (Blazin) wouldn't play nice with my Exchange no matter what.

If they can iron out the bugs I'll be super thrilled....but for now, it's still usable and way faster than my MR WinMo 6.5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2