PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST: Known issues and workarounds 5/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniX0 View Post
Yeah, I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to work, I've also tried it with the voice mail dialer trick and it pauses during boot, tried the voicemail trick without snd.force and it still pauses at the boot up screen.

EDIT: I've tried this with a clean install of GB and it still doesn't work, I could try it with Froyo to see if it would make a difference, but i doubt it would.
Okay, I've updated the original post to remove that workaround then. Assumedly, some commit broke that workaround, and since I don't think many people were using it, no one ever noticed.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST: Known issues and workarounds 5/16

FYI, added a link to the workaround at the bottom for Youtube HQ and other high-res video playback problems.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
All Sprint MMS issues now resolved... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=17

Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by highlandsun; 05-18-2011 at 04:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: READ BEFORE YOU POST: Known issues and workarounds 5/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
All Sprint MMS issues now resolved... xda-developers - View Single Post - MMS Profiles
Interesting read, thanks again for your hard work - that thanks button hardly even captures it, you don't even have Sprint! Thanks again dude .
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: Workarounds/known issues 5/18: Now working Sprint MMS!

i noticed you updated your first post... but you still list the RIL as a "work in progress" when from all reading and even its submission and acceptance into the XDAndroid repo... its dun...

other than that... great stuff...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
i noticed you updated your first post... but you still list the RIL as a "work in progress" when from all reading and even its submission and acceptance into the XDAndroid repo... its dun...

other than that... great stuff...
Thanks, updated to reflect that.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started
This needs to be updated for FRX07. I just went down the laundry list.
  • Waking phone from sleep sometimes doesn't work on kernel 1258 and more recent: The 13xx kernel should have fixed that by now. If your kernel still SoD contact your local emergency kernel developer.
  • Bluetooth pairs but nothing works after that: BT should pair and be able to do everything except route audio.
  • 3.5mm headset jack on CDMA Touch Pro 2's: Routes outgoing audio for now, no support for microphone or call/end button.
  • extUSB headset jack works but will often slow the phone down to a crawl: No idea on this.
  • Location mostly working in FRX, but there are a number of issues: Still the same, netloc over CDMA works with FRX07. GRX issues were somewhat fixed (iirc certain intents were no longer passed on, but the instructions responsible for that have been executed).
  • Battery level reading is pretty inaccurate, best around 50% and least accurate at the extremes: Still inaccurate and liable to corrupt your data.img if you let your phone die.
  • Notification LED doesn't notify, but just outputs whether your phone is in sleep (green) or active (orange): No change.
  • Proximity sensor is completely not working: IIRC we do have a base driver for prox, do we know why we ended up not using it?
  • MMS reception: Needs to be set up via Settings->Wireless Networks->.... Is it still an issue for MMS over GSM?
  • Stylus removal/insertion sensor is completely not working: There were several kernel around Apr that did turn on the system on stylus removal, afaik it was taken out due to screen rotation issues. Now that screen rotation has been fixed, maybe this can be explored again?
  • TV Out is completely not working: Probably never will be.
  • Zoom Bar is completely not working: Will never work on .27, might be possible on .35/.39 after the mysterious crashes gets looked at.
  • Tethering on USB built into Android works in FRX but not GRX, but tethering on wifi built into Android works on both, but is unstable and will crash the system on turning it off: I never had the crash-on-shutdown happen often with WiFi tethering, but always needed to redo settings for ssid and wpa key to stick.
  • Wifi will not connect to WEP, only WPA or unencrypted: Google issue I guess.
  • Furthermore, once turned on, Wifi will never actually turn off again until reboot, so will provide a constant small power drain. It will show as turned off, but power off code is not actually present in kernel: Has this been looked at? I've had some pm.sleepmode=1 sleep a few days after turning off WiFi, but it would be nice to get this one fixed.
  • Speakerphone mute button on back doesn't do anything: This is because someone decided to use an undefined keyword REAR_MUTE in the .kl file.
  • Home Button is missing in the default setup: FRX07 decided to map it to end key, but I suggest using a custom one (probably derived from f22's) to maintain saneness and use b1home so both recent app and spare parts work. How-to can be found on xda's tp2 android devel forum.
  • Internal memory cannot be accessed except on NAND builds: Not quite true, it can access it with the mtdchar driver, but won't you do much good as it's in two big blobs. Maybe someone wants to create a losetup script that can mount, at least ro, the rom and user fat partitions. IIRC it bindmounts the user partition over the system one (ie. if you create a file, it stores it in the user part) so a custom fat driver would be needed aka unionfs in order to see it unified.
  • USB Mass Storage only works if you partition your SD card: That's what happens on the bleeding edge.
  • SD Card on a reboot will mess up the contents of the card when using non-NAND builds: That and unexpected power downs. Shutdown issue should be looked at imho since it's tied to the reboot-on-shutdown issue as well.
  • Keyboard will occasionally hold down and repeat keys that you type: Supposed fixed kernel still causes this issue. No further development since then.
  • Video playback works for low resolutions, but high resolutions such as Youtube HQ have only audio: Is this still true?

-- Starfox
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

BT: data transfer, misc other stuff works fine. Only audio-routing is missing, and there are experimental patches to provide that already. (Which, btw, still have bugs in them, unfortunately.)

Location: basic functionality works fine in FRX. But there's no aGPS or XTRA support, so initial GPS locks are very slow. If you've got wireless netloc enabled in settings, then most of the time initial GPS lock isn't an issue.

Proximity Sensor: lacks proper driver code, basically right now it requires the userland to poll a debug file to get readings. Extremely inefficient and CPU+power hungry.

MMS: GSM info should all already be provided in the bundled apns.xml file.

Wifi tethering: has never worked for me, always crashes the phone. USB tethering is fine.

Shutdown: should be a lot cleaner/safer now, but can still corrupt filesystems if any Android processes don't exit immediately after shutdown request.

Keyboard: the bug where the key-repeat gets stuck and repeats forever has been fixed. But the driver still needs to be tuned to avoid minor repeat issues.

Video playback: the hacked codecs that support Youtube HQ were omitted (accidentally?) from the FRX07 build. I think they're in the build tree now though.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
Proximity Sensor: lacks proper driver code, basically right now it requires the userland to poll a debug file to get readings. Extremely inefficient and CPU+power hungry.

Keyboard: the bug where the key-repeat gets stuck and repeats forever has been fixed. But the driver still needs to be tuned to avoid minor repeat issues.
Can't the polling be integrated into phone.apk? I mean, the only place it's really needed is during calls, and it's doing enough stuff on an on-going basis that a few extra polls per sec isn't going to make much of a difference.

I don't know how "minor" the current key repeat bug is. I mean it has improved, but I still encounter it often enough to notice. Really is annoying when the key stuck is backspace.

-- Starfox
Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Workarounds/known issues 7/22: Updated for FRX07

Thanks for the feedback on the list. I've updated it for FRX07, and for the first time, all of the bugs on the list are starting to look pretty minor to me.

I haven't had a chance to try out FRX07 yet, can anyone let me know what the status is with wifi tethering these days? Does the built-in one work correctly? Does the alternate one still work?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2