PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

That seems a little crazy. Sounds like something will get an update in the near future. Chinese? I think I'd throw the phone. lol

Anyway, for those involved in this, I've attached a short logcat showing the sending and recieving process (and a few stragglers) for info. You'll notice things look okay, but she just gives up. Also, the stock apn-config for a Sprint Evo\Hero (one of those, can't remember) has the following settings (if viewed using APN BackupRestore). I've tried restoring this file into my apns, but it still wouldn't switch to the mms apn "Production" for anything but didn't get any change. I still blame the mnc mcc issue of the vanishing apn because if it won't save it, it wont use it.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns>
<apn name="CDMA" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="0" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="" type="*" />
<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="1" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" type="mms" />
<apn name="Android" numeric="310995" mcc="310" mnc="995" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="null" />
</apns>

Note the mmsprotocol setting that we dont have in our apn settings. Also, switching MMS.apk will almost always break your current build. I'll try to get an RIL dmesg for this, but it's getting late.

Arrrghhh, I know you'll probably see this later. Think you could include your mms sending and recieving in the ril dmesg log your sending to Wistilt2? Maybe his radio guy can find something.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt (7.0 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Boominsvx; 01-25-2011 at 08:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
That's not true. It's some sort of anomaly within the xda android itself. It's happened to me a few times, it has nothing to do with mms. It is also very random, I've tried messing with a few things but nothing seems to be able to re-create it.
Same thing happens everytime this person sends me a text that is over 160 characters.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Same thing happens everytime this person sends me a text that is over 160 characters.
I've NEVER had this issue, but for the most part I use Google Voice...

I'll try to get someone to send me a long text to my regular number... I have a feeling this is a carrier issue (or at least a carrier-specific issue).

Looks like VZW is effected, anyone else?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
I've never had this happen though I don't get many super long texts, but I do every now and then. I am on sprint with no google voice.

It wouldn't make sense to turn a SMS into a MMS IMO because then only certain phones would be able to receive it. To my understanding, SMS is one the same band as voice and MMS is strictly data. Though this is a rather odd phenomenon.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 AM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

Well I am on verizon, and i will try sending a long-er sms and have someone do the same and see what happens. I can verify though when I am surfing the net or on a phone call,,,i can send and recieve sms on android and WM. Its a little off topic but just FYI

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2

carl020989 is a n00b

My MMS works fine on android, in the APN setting all i have is name: sprint and APN: #777
Old 01-26-2011, 04:01 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

yoshi911 is just getting started
I am on Verizon and long texts get automatically seperated into seperate sms, for sending and receiving. No chinese or gibberish. I do get an extra text saying something like 'the preceding texts were modified and media objects removed'

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl020989 View Post
My MMS works fine on android, in the APN setting all i have is name: sprint and APN: #777

I'm guessing by your post count that you confused SMS with MMS? MMS is Picture mail via text.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

are you ready????

looks like its coming....

right...

about....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2047916-post1870.html

stayed tuned to the link, because it may break in there first..
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul------TP2 (xdandroid)

ferny4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
are you ready????

looks like its coming....

right...

about....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2047916-post1870.html

stayed tuned to the link, because it may break in there first..

thats really nice to know...im curious is it for sprint and every other main phone company??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2