PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto q
Carrier: sprint

Kenaf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Many features not working, should they?

So, I've got the latest Android running on my TP2. I've looked at the list of things not working (BlueTooth, Camera, whatever Opengles is, and the battery meter), and there are many other features I'm not having much luck with. I'm wondering if these are known issues, or if they should be working and I've just got something setup wrong? Here are some problems I've had:

1. Changing the phone to speaker during a call. I completely lose sound and I don't think they could hear me either.
2. GPS.. anytime any application tries to use GPS, I see the little icon on the taskbar trying to use GPS, but it ends up not working or not finding anything.
3. Shazam.. I tried this Shazam app to pick up songs and it always gives no match. I'm guessing the microphone isn't working right?
4. Touch tone dialing.. when I was on the phone with a friend, I tried dialing some numbers and they could not hear the touch tone dialing on the other end. I'm guessing that will cause issues with some automated phone services.
5. Google Sky Map.. I think this might have to do with the accelerometer? But yeah, I try to move my phone around and it jumps around everywhere.

If any of these things are not working, I completely understand that this is an in-progress project, so I'm not like demanding these get done. I'm more curious if any of these things SHOULD be working and I've just done something wrong.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Many features not working, should they?

Gps has been sketchy for me... not sure bout the others..will test them out and see..

but so far this has been rock solid.. outside of the obvious.. no cam/bluetooth etc..
Old 08-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows mobile 6.5
Carrier: sprint

file1130 is a n00b

I have problem with screen not going completely black when put to sleep and the led lights are goofy.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bitslizer is a n00b

if you read any of the thread and FAQ you would know Bluetooth, Camera, 3D accleration and a few other things aren't working, and External Sound just started working the past few days and still a bit buggy

The LED lights are functioning as intended currently, Orange mean full power usage, Green mean low power standby, its for testing to ensure the phone are sleeping correctly

screen not completely black is known, you have to turn off automatic backlight in WM before booting up android

Google sky work alright for me other than no compass, its not jumping all over the place and would match my vertical orientation, but would not spin to match compass

Last edited by bitslizer; 08-27-2010 at 04:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2