PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RHOD300 (Tilt2)
Carrier: GSM unlocked (AT&T)

devilcuban is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 3 to fix wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
Did you have the /andboot/ folder on your sd card?
Yes sir.

P.S. also try it on my other tilt2 and it freezes when it gets to that line. "SMD: ch 0 OPENING -> OPENED"

Last edited by devilcuban; 08-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcuban View Post
Yes sir.

P.S. also try it on my other tilt2 and it freezes when it gets to that line. "SMD: ch 0 OPENING -> OPENED"
Sounds like an rpc related issue. i made some changes this morning to the rpc code, have Wozz give you the latest and hope it work. I dont think there were that many differences between gsm and cdma.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff

I'll add Tilt2 to my build list today. I'll upload the new version with the RPC fixes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RHOD300 (Tilt2)
Carrier: GSM unlocked (AT&T)

devilcuban is a n00b

Quote:
I'll add Tilt2 to my build list today. I'll upload the new version with the RPC fixes.
sweet thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

WoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuffWoZZeR999 knows their stuff
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 4: Power OFF!!! + tilt2

Test 4 and Tilt2 added. You can now power off the device, and it actually turns off (instead of freezing).
Old 08-23-2010, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I want to test this, but I'm not sure exactly what files I need on the SD card. As long as I have the andboot folder on the root of my SD card, with all the regular files, it will be alright or do I just need the latest Modules file? Then do I just flash this like a normal ROM?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yup, have the android files in andboot, and put the modules file in there as well. Flashes like any normal rom you would flash.

Only the android systems based on system.sqsh or system.ext2 work. The AndroidInstall.tar does not work with this AFIAK.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)

RobDFW is a n00b

The power off worked for me. The only thing that I noticed is that the backlight stays on. I don't think it did with the previous ROM, but it was a flash from Windows. Not sure if that means anything or not.

Awesome work!!! Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, this has always happened with the nandboot. Right now windows control's the backlight, so without it we will have to try to devolope something.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
yup, have the android files in andboot, and put the modules file in there as well. Flashes like any normal rom you would flash.

Only the android systems based on system.sqsh or system.ext2 work. The AndroidInstall.tar does not work with this AFIAK.
Well I flashed it and tested it, and everything that was said to work, worked. It took about 15 minutes to get to the splash screen (the Data Image took a very long time to create), then after that the splash screen took about 10 minutes. But it eventually got up and running, and boy was that fast. I tried plugging it in well I had it on and it seemed to be working (it showed that it was charging, and the battery got full). The one really really weird thing that happened was that whenever I would try to use the rear speakers (whether for speaker phone, or for trying to play music) I would get this really weird buzzing and popping noise, that was constant. It stopped when I tried to call without speaker phone, but then when I turned it on, the noise came back. It was coming out at a medium-quiet volume out of the speakers.

I'm not sure if that's normal or not. But anyways everything worked great, can't wait till in volume is working, I may then use that full time!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2