PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND boot testing. Test 5: SOUND!!!!/Test 7: Single NBH/Serialno/tilt2 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I was talking to wozz yesterday. Looks like he might be back soon. But still, now you see why we need a page dedicated for releases. lol.. i can start a new thread as long as someone helps me update the contents from time to time. I'm not good at that stuff and this is why wozz handled it
I don't mind taking care of the thread as well... I would just need to create the first post so I can manage it

Either way, nate seems to be checkin back fairly frequently, and since his fingers are on the pulse more than mine, he may be a better candidate
Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I don't mind taking care of the thread as well... I would just need to create the first post so I can manage it

Either way, nate seems to be checkin back fairly frequently, and since his fingers are on the pulse more than mine, he may be a better candidate
I do check in quite regularly. One of the advantages of being a sysadmin. When you are waiting on things to copy or finish installing or whatever, you can check up on things.

Anyway, I was hoping that someone might be able to take a look at this and confirm for me that Tinboot2.S controls startup commands. To me, it looks like HW3D is only enabled for the RHOD500 (Verizon TP2).

tinboot/tinboot2.S - tinboot-linux-msm in Tinboot for linux-msm - Gitorious

I'm still messing around with compiling Tinboot, and I think the last thing I need to do is figure out whether I need to force hw3d for any of the other devices. It also looks like Wozz had the rhod500 overclocked, but the others aren't.

On the plus side, I found a couple of modules that I wasn't compiling with the regular modules, and adding support for people using a SIM card in a Sprint or Verizon phone looks like it would be pretty easy.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Good to hear! As far as the thread, one of us should probably create a new one. Again since you seem to have a better connection with development progress, you'd probably be the better choice for making said thread.

But, I certainly don't mind either - just so long as I can get some notification about updates.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2479; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh
Good to hear! As far as the thread, one of us should probably create a new one. Again since you seem to have a better connection with development progress, you'd probably be the better choice for making said thread.

But, I certainly don't mind either - just so long as I can get some notification about updates.
I'll start up a new thread for posting builds on in a couple hours. Want to get all of the files compiled, uploaded to dropbox and all that first. I really want to make sure the tinboot stuff is all set too. Hopefully I can get feedback on whether forcing hw3d is required on all devices as I posted earlier
Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
VIP Member

OK, I've got compiling tinboot down perfect since there was a lot of stuff I had to do to prep my machine for compiling it. The biggest thing now is that I have to compile referencing a model when building such as rhod500. I see that Wozz has a single NBH for all types on the main post, and I'm wondering if I the NBH file is now universal and I only need to build it using rhod500.

If that is the case, then no update is necessary for enabling 3d, but if Wozz did some magic to make a universal NBH, then I'm not sure what to do.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Is there a way to get lcd.density set back to 240?

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Topaz
Carrier: MTS Russia

CageOff is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
All RHODS need data from RHOD100 variants.

Links:
Modules
RHOD210
RHOD400
RHOD500
Tilt2
Please, make the same opportunity forHTC Touch Diamond 2 aka TOPA100?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageOff View Post
Please, make the same opportunity forHTC Touch Diamond 2 aka TOPA100?
sorry dood. None of us have topaz to even attempt to do this.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Lurker

CageOff is a n00b

Quote:
Well, give me the links to the utilities for creation .nbh and I shall do all Independently!
Whether it is possible to make it with use Android SDK?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker

CageOff is a n00b

Quote:
RHODS and the Touch Diamond 2 (aka Topaz) is very similar devices. I need the start point.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2