PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gallery says "No Media Found"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech View Post
I was getting the same issue on the two 8/30 blazn and previous build, forced media scans didn't help. This time I put the 9/16 ref build on, and now my media can be seen. Not sure if some of that removed 'bloatware' affected the media scanning. Give the ref build a shot.

Also noticed the text/font aligns better in the ref build (labeled text used to overlap adjacent select circle/boxes in blazn build cutting off the 1st and 2nd letters of the label).
I've only been using the Reference Builds for the past month. I have formatted the SD Cards and installed latest Reference builds but no luck on 3 of my SD Cards with reading media. I can browse my content with a Astro File Manager but other Apps that require an SD Card for data storage say there isnt an SD Card installed and Gallery doesnt see any pics and for Ringtones or Notifications it doesnt display any media files either. Its weird because it all works fine on 1 card but not on the rest, but I used to be able to use atleast 2 of the 3 before with no problems but since the Sound Fix builds those two wont work.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

magic504 is a n00b

I have the same problem. i got a 16gb card and when i boot into android blazn 8/30 version, it couldnt find my sd card. it was after i format it for the second time that this happen. this is how i fix my problem
1. download hp sd card format tool http://www.pscience5.net/downloads/CFP/SP27213.exe
2. format the sd card fat32 with hp tool instead of using the windows
if the card still isnt recognize then partion the card with paragon partition manager 9 or above.
3 set the partition in lowest amount my 16gb i set it at 128 or something. it was the lowest, select ext2 format for the partition.
Then you all set put all the files back and boot up and do a media scan with devtool and everything is back.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

I will try formatting that way, it also happened to me after formatting the cards a second or third time with Windows utility. I will update with results. Thanks man.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic504 View Post
I have the same problem. i got a 16gb card and when i boot into android blazn 8/30 version, it couldnt find my sd card. it was after i format it for the second time that this happen. this is how i fix my problem
1. download hp sd card format tool http://www.pscience5.net/downloads/CFP/SP27213.exe
2. format the sd card fat32 with hp tool instead of using the windows
if the card still isnt recognize then partion the card with paragon partition manager 9 or above.
3 set the partition in lowest amount my 16gb i set it at 128 or something. it was the lowest, select ext2 format for the partition.
Then you all set put all the files back and boot up and do a media scan with devtool and everything is back.
re-formatting solved my problem =)
Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech View Post
forced media scans didn't help. This time I put the 9/16 ref build on, and now my media can be seen.
whats the "forced media scan", i mean like wheres that option?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2