PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using Android as primary OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
I was wondering how many people are using this Android build as their primary OS for their TP2? I'm on 2.1 and want to test out 2.2 but does the upgrade keep all your settings and marketplace items? Thanks!
I'm in Android most of the day when in the office. On the road, I use Winmo for the battery life.

When moving from 2.1 to 2.2 you'll need to delete all the old files and re-download your Market apps.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
I'm not out of contract until October. That and I am sick of Windows Mobile not being supported by any of the apps.

But now that you bring that up, has anyone on SERO had any problems with this being noticed as an Android OS? I wouldn't think that it would come up since it's still the TP2 ESN#.
Windows Mobile seems to be slowly fading, luckily we still have communities like this that make Windows Mobile still very much alive.

Nope no issues at all, I have my TP2 on my legacy plan I've ran Android on and off no issues at all. My brother also had a HTC Touch on his SERO line a little bit back with it flashed to Android and no issues.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I really want to and find myself using it more and more. I am on 2.1 with sense and it is alright but i may try 2.2 soon to see if it is a little less buggy/more useable. I dont mind guessing my battery and honestly the drain for me hasn't been that bad...I am slowly switching over...

if it had a working camera i would never switch back. i almost always keep my phone on vibrate anyways, never use bluetooth, and like i said i don't rely on the battery meter.

People keep saying this looks promising but honestly i find it rather usable for day to day activities...it's just slower/more buggy than it could be. But it doesnt bother me that much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2