PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 with MightyROM
Carrier: Verizon

Explodee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple of Android questions

I recently got the Android port goin on my VZW TP2. I'm still pretty new in Android field so bear with me...

Is there a way to root this or something so I can use some apps like Wifi Tether?

Is there a way to convert cab files to apk?

The in-call volume is way too low, is there a fix for this?

What's the deal with the Voice to Text or Talk to Text or whatever it's called? I can't get it to work. (If it's supposed to)

How come Youtube and the music player go at about 2x the speed?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Couple of Android questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodee View Post
I recently got the Android port goin on my VZW TP2. I'm still pretty new in Android field so bear with me...

Is there a way to root this or something so I can use some apps like Wifi Tether?

Is there a way to convert cab files to apk?

The in-call volume is way too low, is there a fix for this?

What's the deal with the Voice to Text or Talk to Text or whatever it's called? I can't get it to work. (If it's supposed to)

How come Youtube and the music player go at about 2x the speed?
the youtube app is buggy. It won't even play video on my sprint device.

As far as in-call volume, We're lucky that the earpiece works (this is a fairly new development)

why would you want to convert .cab to .apk ? (there is no conversion that I'm aware of, 2 totally different types of operating systems) use the android market to find 'apps' that you're interested in.

There is a tethering option in the settings menu. (just not wifi tethering).. as far as that goes, we're lucky to have wifi working ATM.. I'm pretty sure that the devs aren't too concerned about wifi tethering as much as they are about sound, power management, proper bluetooth support and the likes of a basically functional OS.

Remember this build is still a beta release. There may be bugs and some things that don't function. The mere fact that we have as much working as we do is a blessing.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 with MightyROM
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Explodee is a n00b
Re: Couple of Android questions

When I call people now they can't hear me at all and same when they call me. Oh Droid X hurry up and get here...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2