PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anybody gotten Co-Pilot GPS to run with Android on the Touch Pro 2?

When ever I start Co Pilot I get an Invalid Library error. [CoPilots Code cannot be loaded by the system.] What is causing this error and is there anyway to get Co Pilot to work with the Touch Pro 2 with Android?

It finishes installing but does not load up the maps.

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 06-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Has anybody gotten Co-Pilot to run with Android on the Touch Pro 2?

I wanted to see how well co-pilot worked before committing to an Android operating system in the future. I probably see myself with an Android phone with a physical keyboard.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work
Re: Has anybody gotten Co-Pilot GPS to run with Android on the Touch Pro 2?

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are basing your phone's operating system on a GPS software? I've heard that the Google Maps navigation works very well
Old 06-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are basing your phone's operating system on a GPS software? I've heard that the Google Maps navigation works very well
I am a real estate appraiser and sometime I have to drive 25 to 30 properties in the country side where there is no phone service. I need itinerary list so I can plan my trip. This helps me drive safely and efficiently without back tracking. Data service does not cover the state of California 100%. I can not take the chance of getting lost. Time is money. It looks like I ask a question which probably can't be done right now. I also want to see what sprint has to offer in the fall. I don't want to upgrade and then regret it. I have a feeling that more 1 GHZ plus phones are going to be coming out later this year.

Last edited by jamice4u; 06-12-2010 at 06:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Im sure more 1ghz phones that are 3g will be released soon.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am just wondering if somebody has gotting Co Pilot to work on the touch pro 2 with android. I am pretty sure I am not the first person to try this out. Somebody besides myself must have tried this out. Maybe it is difficult for the touch pro 2 to run the operating system and the co pilot maps from the same sd card. I don't know? What I do know is that it does not work right now.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I know tmobile just got the Garminphone.. which is an android powered phone with Garmin in it.. I wonder if you can get Garmin for different Android phones... Or do you have to have co pilot?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I Co pilot works with regular android phones, it just has a problem working with the touch pro 2 for some reason. Well I guess this phone is not fully operational yet so maybe that is why it has problems.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

nevergonnauseth is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nevergonnauseth Send a message via Yahoo to nevergonnauseth

Honestly, if my job depended on it, i wouldn't use the android tp2 build. I mean yeah we've made great progress and stuff but it still has so many issues. why not get it for windows mobile or use another program if you need that much of an itinerary?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Currently use TOMTOM version 7.916.9192 for windows mobile. I am just looking ahead since windows mobile is a dying platform and android look like it is going to be a strong player in the future.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2