PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Thoughts and comments about the latest android rootfs build rootfs-20100606-c369a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
But he is doing wrong, he's causing unnecessary banter. Everyone knows that he doesn't know much about this stuff and yet continues to "copy and paste" others' work in order to build his reputation. This is not only unethical, but just plain silly. This is abuse of the system.

But even so, back to my original statement... banter... Notice how there's now 3 pages of unnecessary posts? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm here for the android development, not to read repetitive posts and flame wars. He has already stated in multiple threads that he's "just trying to build reputation." It's one thing to try and help the community, it's another to try to raise your status by using other people's hard work...

I totally agree. If I had to guess, the OP's native language is not English. So the translation seems to fall short for him/her.
Unnecessary banter takes more then one party, it seems that our self are contributing here, what another user chooses to thank for is pretty much there business, I've seen users thanked for less including useless comments here. the thanks button is there for a user option not an obligation. if you don't feel he deserves it then don't click it.

The thread title was changed to correspond better with the topic of chat the OP decided he wanted the thread to direct to.

At this point, the thread now has to be closed because rather then choosing to not participate in this thread you chose to join in as others have to badger the original poster.

Some times re-posts are helping the community, some times they are useless clutter, if you have a problem then report it and let the staff deal with it on a basis to the situation.

As for the OP's native language im not sure why users felt the need to even bring this up, I'm multilingual my self, and id like to hope that this should'nt pose any bias towards my self. Just throwing that out there as food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
can he have created another account and thank himself? anyways im done
This is not possible as, i've already stated to users who PM'd me with concern that they feel we are not savvy in running the site and using the multiple tools available for webforum staff to detect and block multiple accounts. Trust me this is not the case we are well aware of these measures and employ ample countermeasures to restrict the ability to have multiple accounts for false pretenses. Be assured we keep our selves updated on things like this. We have been an active forum for quite some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutta-Boi View Post
I feel like a total hypocrite saying this but I'm gonna put on my fake Admin hat... People, please take advantage of the private messages! I you have an issue about the OP (or me for that matter) and what he's posted send him a PM and let him know how you feel. Cluttering what could potentially be a helpful and informative thread makes the forum as a whole look bad... The OP's thread simply states: "Thoughts and comments about the latest android rootfs build rootfs..."

I think he was getting an opinion on the latest build... If you don't like him or his post you can do 1 of 2 things 1) Don't reply... just that simple. 2) PM him and tell him how you really feel there.

Again I apologize for being all the way off topic. I used to love this forum but every other thread seems like a fight or some off-topic debate.

PM me if you hold issue... That is all.
You sir are right on the money with this, kudos to you for being aware and informed on our forum rules.

The site rules can be reviewed by any one Here at any time by any one if thy feel the have problem with anything and wish report it.

Rule number 2 should be reviewed, since any issues here with this user should have been taken to pm.

So ill leave on a rhyme i just thought of.

Every one think that this thread may stink like a piece of yellow cheese, But i say HEY! it could have been ok if only there was a breeze.

Mr. X

PPCGeeks staff

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2