PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G / HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

swurvv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to swurvv Send a message via MSN to swurvv Send a message via Yahoo to swurvv
Unhappy synced my contacts from windows mobile to google now all my windows contacts are gone

How can I reverse this process I used active sync on my phone so how do I revese this to get my contacts back from google? please help not going to keep my phone in andriod mode
Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Rgamer84 is just getting started
Re: synced my contacts from windows mobile to google now all my windows contacts are

This depends on a few things.

If you have your contacts synced up to outlook on your computer using activesync you can delete your current profile and resync your phone. This will pull the contacts back to the phone from outlook.

If you used Microsoft MyPhone this could also help your issue out a little.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: synced my contacts from windows mobile to google now all my windows contacts are

This is why I keep my contacts in my sim card and pim backup as backup...but now that its done.

before doing anything make a backup of your contacts on android.

you can use things like this:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Bu...IO-77300.shtml

or other utilities if you prefer.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

rehtonAesoohC is just getting started

If you used ActiveSync and sync'd it up to a Google account, you may want to double check your Google contacts. I did the same thing and lost my contacts on my phone, but they were in my Google contact list. But the thing is, they won't sync to your phone unless they are listed as "My Contacts" in your Google Contact list. So move your contacts to your 'My Contacts' and sync again.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I highly recommend using the Microsoft my Phone to sync your contacts before doing anything.

obviously as a Tech at sprint, i have backup machines and utilities at my fingertips, but if you do any kind of modding, patching, tweaks, custom roms, etc, and dont have a contact backup, i will honestly tell you that your dumb.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

if u synced to a gmail account then just use microsoft exchange server and sync back through active sync http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299
Old 03-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Quote:
Originally Posted by erockvr6 View Post
if u synced to a gmail account then just use microsoft exchange server and sync back through active sync http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

This method does work as I have all mine synced with Google both ways via exchange to use with windows mobile and with Google Voice for Android...

so any time I change ether it pushes to the other as soon as I switch OS's

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2