PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclocking TP2 in Android

Ok, giving this a shot with a first boot of 700.

Is it ok to boot into Android trying to overclock right off the bat, never booted up before?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok, giving this a shot with a first boot of 700.

Is it ok to boot into Android trying to overclock right off the bat, never booted up before?
Hoping your using a value of 716800 for your cmdlline entry.

Shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you skip everything at first so you can register on your network before trying to add a google account.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnapue View Post
Hoping your using a value of 716800 for your cmdlline entry.

Shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you skip everything at first so you can register on your network before trying to add a google account.
ok thanks. I'm gonna have a quick look at the FAQ before I try running anything.

edit:

ok, guess that didnt work? Tried 716 and nothing happened. Said booting linux now phone is locked up with partial image of file explorer lol. I guess I'll just take that command out until I actually get in to make sure I'm doing it all correctly.

edit again:

even with the command removed the phone locks up. I guess I have some reading to do :/

Last edited by chronster; 04-01-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
ok thanks. I'm gonna have a quick look at the FAQ before I try running anything.

edit:

ok, guess that didnt work? Tried 716 and nothing happened. Said booting linux now phone is locked up with partial image of file explorer lol. I guess I'll just take that command out until I actually get in to make sure I'm doing it all correctly.

edit again:

even with the command removed the phone locks up. I guess I have some reading to do :/
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the all i none packages they do work for most people. If I were you I'd read through the directions in the middle of the first post on the stickied thread. Has links so you can download everything needed yourself without having to rely on someone to put a package together for you.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:56 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the all i none packages they do work for most people. If I were you I'd read through the directions in the middle of the first post on the stickied thread. Has links so you can download everything needed yourself without having to rely on someone to put a package together for you.
yeah thats what i did. maybe i screwed up. i give up
Old 04-01-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yeah thats what i did. maybe i screwed up. i give up
Well what exactly isn't working for you? Did you get the right startup.txt?
Any overclock cmdline changes are before the physkeyboard?
Sim card out. Some builds combination's I have used have needed to reboot once if not twice before they ran through. Other builds have been flawless.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:36 AM
i like turtles

Quote:
Well what exactly isn't working for you? Did you get the right startup.txt?
Any overclock cmdline changes are before the physkeyboard?
Sim card out. Some builds combination's I have used have needed to reboot once if not twice before they ran through. Other builds have been flawless.
It simply locks up, and all I see is the file explorer. Also, all my taskbar icons are suddenly at the bottom.

I took the sim card out and everything, and I used the startup.txt from the stickied post here in this forum.

I'm going to give it another shot today. Also, I started another thread on my issue so as to not hijack this one
Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good workgambit07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpguy84 View Post
What speeds is everyone else overclocking (if any), im using Calkulin's stipped rom and im pushing 1ghz and ive been using it for about an hour now. Every thing is stable, and I have no resets or errors. NOTE: I do not recommend overclocking if you do not have insurance as this might and probably will kill your phone. What other speeds is everyone getting? Using Benchmark found on the market im getting a result for cpu of 210.57872.
Huh, I'm overclocked at 768.00 Mhz and I'm also using the benchmark app however my cpu speed is around 224.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor

I know this the android section, but is there anything like this for WM yet?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For the record, the value automatically gets rounded down to the nearest multiple of 19.2kHz. So don't worry about getting the exact right number. If it doesn't work, try something lower. Stock should be 528000. On my TP1, I had trouble with anything above 650000.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2