PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclocking TP2 in Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta View Post
hi friends
can anyone tell me which program r u all usin to overclock TP2
i hv searched a lot but cant find any
plzzzz help me
plzzzzz
thanxxxx
You don't use a program, you just edit startup.txt as was already said
Old 03-27-2010, 11:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mpguy84 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Just benchmarked using app from Market (one with black bird) and got 226.4991 overclocking @ 825mhz

Thats way better than my results which microsd card are you using. I think that has a huge factor... The bus between cpu and microsod is slowed i believe due to MicroSD speed. Does anyone else believe that?
Old 03-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta View Post
hi friends
can anyone tell me which program r u all usin to overclock TP2
i hv searched a lot but cant find any
plzzzz help me
plzzzzz
thanxxxx
Im still searching, but it looks difficult, heres a link where progress was made with the TP1 and they began trying on the Touch Pro 2. It looks like they made some progress but never finished. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...507212&page=18
I for one am still learning about properly overclockig, but I am very intrested in overclocking my TP2 as this would be awesome to say the least. Ill keep looking over this weekend.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Im still searching, but it looks difficult, heres a link where progress was made with the TP1 and they began trying on the Touch Pro 2. It looks like they made some progress but never finished. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...507212&page=18
I for one am still learning about properly overclockig, but I am very intrested in overclocking my TP2 as this would be awesome to say the least. Ill keep looking over this weekend.

You overclock the TP2 with a cmdline in the startup.txt. (as has been stated a couple times already) At the moment for GSM all it does is sleep to death, so we removed it. It seems to work just fine with CDMA. It used to work for GSM until we got the patch for WiFi working, then they don't seem to play well together.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but whenever I try to overclock to any speed, it will restart the phone during haret. If I use the default startup without any changes, android runs fine. Here's what my startup looks like:

set RAMSIZE 0x6000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
#pwf dm.txt 0x8e0000 0x20000
set cmdline "msmvkeyb_toggle=off acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=768000 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 lcd.density=240 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

please someone tell me what is the problem or if someone is so kind to upload their startup(preferebly at 700 to 768mhz), I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Old 03-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

couple of questions...

does the phone maintain the higher clock speed after a reboot into windows?

does is matter what ROM we might be running that might affect clock speed that android might be able to maintain?

Old 03-28-2010, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
couple of questions...

does the phone maintain the higher clock speed after a reboot into windows?

does is matter what ROM we might be running that might affect clock speed that android might be able to maintain?
No and,

No.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpguy84 View Post
Thats way better than my results which microsd card are you using. I think that has a huge factor... The bus between cpu and microsod is slowed i believe due to MicroSD speed. Does anyone else believe that?
It's fact that it is slowed between the two.

It's just like using a usb2.0 device on usb1.0
It's slower.

Easiest example I can think of without getting technical or using terms I'd have to explain lol
Old 03-28-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

I've been booting at 700MHz, tried 768 but had no luck. I just got 720MHz to boot successfully, so I'm probably just gonna bump it up 10MHz each time I boot to see how high I can get it. Don't think my CPU's gonna be as overclockable as some others have been.

Last edited by animez; 03-28-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm at 850 and it was working fine for a while, maybe 3 hours. Then it froze but came back after about 2 mins. I was at 800 before that for a whole day and no problems whatsoever. I would think 800mhz is safe, anything over and you may be pushing it a bit to much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2