PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

themogulman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 Newbie

Good Evening all!! My TP2 for sprint is on the way (hopefully tomorrow but possibly monday)! I have been out of the upgrading game for a few years now. I am coming from a mogul and even in the last year I haven't done anything to that because I felt like I have explored everything in the previous few years. Will anyone point me in the direction of some good links? I feel like I am starting all over with this whole process. anyway... where do I begin? I've been looking for stickies for sprint unlocking but it seems even the basic terms are beyond me....PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by themogulman View Post
Good Evening all!! My TP2 for sprint is on the way (hopefully tomorrow but possibly monday)! I have been out of the upgrading game for a few years now. I am coming from a mogul and even in the last year I haven't done anything to that because I felt like I have explored everything in the previous few years. Will anyone point me in the direction of some good links? I feel like I am starting all over with this whole process. anyway... where do I begin? I've been looking for stickies for sprint unlocking but it seems even the basic terms are beyond me....PLEASE HELP!!!
you posted this in the wrong section but I'll try to help..first you gotta unlock your phone by downloading Hard-SPL (upgrades your bootloader)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

scroll down to the instructions, you must be connected to the internet to do unlocking because it uses a license server..its free don't worry though.

Here is a direct link if the block of text make you uncomfortable:
http://hpcmonex.net/htc/rhodw/Rhodiu...R3_100HSPL.zip

After you have unlocked go to this section: (CDMA TP2 Upgrades)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

and download a ROM that you would like..I would suggest for first rom either Mightyrom or Mr. X rom..but you can flash whichever rom you want any time. Just those 2 are the most popular ones..there is also Energy rom but you gotta look to see that you get the CDMA version

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 03-26-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work

Defiantly after you realize how boring Window Mobile may get try Android and Unlock the TP2 true poetiontal
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115443
Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpro112 View Post
Defiantly after you realize how boring Window Mobile may get try Android and Unlock the TP2 true poetiontal
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115443
Just a caveat... It's not 100% working yet. (no sound, GPS, Bluetooth, and power charging). But it's fun to try out. Between the TP2 Rom flashing and Android, I'd say you'll be busy with your new device!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

one thing at a time guys..lol
Old 03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Holyman007 is becoming a great contributor

Pretty much what you need to do is read the stickies and FAQ. I would recommend upgrading to a new rom (since stock ones are usually cluttered with useless programs and very limited). Read gTen's post ^^. It tells you how to unlock your phone and how to flash into new ROMs.
There's tons to choose from in the ROM section but some I would recommend trying are MightyRom, JuicyRom, and Mr.X just to name a few.

Depends what you're looking for in a rom (looks, function, speed, battery life, etc).
Be sure to back up your contacts and info before flashing because you will lose everything in your internal memory (storage card will be fine).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2