PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 AM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Battery Reporting Working?!?!

Ok, so i was running android and i just woke up left it running it last night. I unplug it and the battery is yellow and at about 20% it looks like. I open up the battery indicator, and it tells me it is at 18%, then 15%, then 5% and which point it dies. So now i have to wait the 10-15 mins to get it to turn back on, but im not complaining about that. What I want to know is how was it able to read different %'s when it is about to die, but not when its full?

(im not complaining about anything, i know its still in alpha/beta stage, just curious as to how it can "work" when its dying.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Rgamer84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Reporting Working?!?!

I have noticed the same thing. It seems to read the voltages correctly but it thinks the battery is full all of the time until their isn't much of anything left. I have noticed that sometimes it will show that there is 50% battery life but then pop back up to full. What i am curious about is when the developers took the image, was the phone its meant for not use as much juice as our TP2. When it sees 4.xxx its saying HOLY SH!T THAT'S A LOT OF POWER! lol, i don't really know but that is what comes to mind.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This unfortunately is known. It does start to report at different intervals but they aren't the proper calculations. So I wouldn't read too much into it. Sorry! But they are making great headway so hopefully won't be long and we will have proper reporting.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

I was pleasantly surprised to see the "plug in your phone dummy" message before it went dead today. Used to just go off without warning but at least we can see it coming now.

*I'm using the kernal and Zimage from the 20th.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deboy69 is a n00b

Ya the threads have said that the battery percentage starts working when the battery gets around 20% or so.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

phantom92 is becoming a great contributor

same here... it uses little battery.. i did about 2hrs. or internet.. and was at 70% when i went back to wm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2