PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Android updates: one file downloads and help thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
3.20.2010 file is "Build: htc-msm-android@20100320_225430"

Runs pretty solid for me.

I know it isnt "hard" to do but people like the complete package downloads so I am just doing what I can to help the community. There are many that like it this way.
oh no...i do understand what you're doing and I appreciate it as well!!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®
Threadstarter

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
oh no...i do understand what you're doing and I appreciate it as well!!
cool cool...then enjoy them!!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

New stuff added:

Download folder added to post #1

This includes the new rootfs to allow you to tether via wifi. This was given out on 3/19/09 by cflint and I guess stinebd built it into Pip's rootfs.img .

As with any tethering, be careful. Not sure if it's detected by the carrier or not. Do not hold me responsible for any charges by your carrier.

I have played around with it for a few before I included it in my all in one deal.

If your already using my downloads, just copy over the rootfs and replace the one already on your storage card.

Please note you may get a few unexpected restarts. As you know this sometimes happens, it will get worked out eventually.

You will need to use a tethering program like one found here: http://xdandroid.southcape.org/xdandroid-tether.apk

More information can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5096

Enjoy

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 Android updates: one file downloads and help thread (UPDATE 03.21.2010)

Downloading at 1.2 MB/sec. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

CorbyHarkonnen is a n00b

Hey, thanks for the help && effort! Couple of questions that I haven't seen an answer to yet (if they're there, then I'm just blind and retarded..)

1) is there an 'auto-build' like site for the rootfs image? (That works w/cdma..) I've found one, but it was the gsm branch...

2) is anybody else not able to turn on wifi? It seems that ever since I stopped using the last last rootfs that 95-civic posted back in the original(original) thread, every time I try to turn on wifi in android, it just says 'unable to start wifi'. Ive verified that wifi works in wm (tried leaving it connected in wm, and disconnected, but on before launching haret)

Zimage/modules -- various (usually newest from auto-build)
Rootfs -- newest was dated 3/1/10 - but any after 95-civic's last all-in-one package

Phone -- verizon TP2 stock rom (sim removed)

Other than that loving android WAY more than wm, just need to be able to reliably charge and I'm golden for a while

Thanks again!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 AM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbyHarkonnen View Post
Hey, thanks for the help && effort! Couple of questions that I haven't seen an answer to yet (if they're there, then I'm just blind and retarded..)

1) is there an 'auto-build' like site for the rootfs image? (That works w/cdma..) I've found one, but it was the gsm branch...

2) is anybody else not able to turn on wifi? It seems that ever since I stopped using the last last rootfs that 95-civic posted back in the original(original) thread, every time I try to turn on wifi in android, it just says 'unable to start wifi'. Ive verified that wifi works in wm (tried leaving it connected in wm, and disconnected, but on before launching haret)

Zimage/modules -- various (usually newest from auto-build)
Rootfs -- newest was dated 3/1/10 - but any after 95-civic's last all-in-one package

Phone -- verizon TP2 stock rom (sim removed)

Other than that loving android WAY more than wm, just need to be able to reliably charge and I'm golden for a while

Thanks again!
1. Not sure but I don't think so. Think that is the reason for our stickied thread for the CDMA Android development.

2. Wifi not an issue for me, I use it hourly just about when I am playing with Android.

Have you tried my complete download? Remove everything from your storage card that is related to Android and maybe start over.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
1. Not sure but I don't think so. Think that is the reason for our stickied thread for the CDMA Android development.

2. Wifi not an issue for me, I use it hourly just about when I am playing with Android.

Have you tried my complete download? Remove everything from your storage card that is related to Android and maybe start over.
Mackie,

Are we supposed to remove all droid files and replace them with the latest from your post?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 AM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Mackie,

Are we supposed to remove all droid files and replace them with the latest from your post?

If your already using my downloads, just copy over the rootfs and replace the one already on your storage card.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

idavy81 is a n00b

Is there anything else in the new rootfs besides wifi tethering? I am just trying to decided if there is any other reasons to upgrade or if I should just wait.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idavy81 View Post
Is there anything else in the new rootfs besides wifi tethering? I am just trying to decided if there is any other reasons to upgrade or if I should just wait.
wifi tethering is it I believe. Eveything runs good though so nothing to be alarmed of. Your call though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2