PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Charging: Is it workin for you?

Ya Boomin, I was the one that said that I couldn't get it to go on Mighty's 2.1, haven't tried others, But it is working on the latest Sprint 6.5 Stock. And aside from you mentioning NRG, I think someone mentioned MR. X's rom. So you might add that to your 1st post to narrow down what roms seem to work for whatever reason.

Last edited by cflynt; 03-20-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:55 AM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just an FYI, still on Sprint ROM, but with Captnoord's latest i2c commits, I believe I am charging without being hooked to Activesync before booting to Android. I need more time to do more testing, but I drained my battery to 90% and booted to Android unplugged, plugged in and ran Pandora to try and eat up some battery while plugged in, left it in there for about 30min-1hr and booted back into WM, and it is at 100% now. So maybe those commits fixed it where you don't need Activesync first. Will do more of a drain overnight and plug in tomorrow and see if I get the same results as well as try and get in contact with Captnoord to see if that is by design. I know they were part of it reading the proper Voltage and Amperage. So I am guessing so.

Thought you guys would like to know!

Last edited by cflynt; 03-21-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rgamer84 is just getting started

Well that sounds better than what i got. Last night i drained the battery to 50%, booted into android without the charger hooked up or activesync. Plugged in the charger when in android. Left my phone sit for 2 hours. I switched back to WM and it was at 51%... It has to be charging however that is the slowest charge in the world! Either way it i hope cflynt is doing better than i am with the extra info he has gotten. Hope to hear word back soon
Old 03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgamer84 View Post
Well that sounds better than what i got. Last night i drained the battery to 50%, booted into android without the charger hooked up or activesync. Plugged in the charger when in android. Left my phone sit for 2 hours. I switched back to WM and it was at 51%... It has to be charging however that is the slowest charge in the world! Either way it i hope cflynt is doing better than i am with the extra info he has gotten. Hope to hear word back soon
Thank Boominsvx he is who first discovered anything. So far my only findings are that the latest kernel, with the i2c changes, seems to charge without being plugged into WM first. But so far ONLY seems to be charging via USB cable to PC. I tried it via the Brick, mind you it is a docking stand so it might be different than like a stock charger etc. But it didn't charge at all then. I am still trying different things. And mind you it is still being worked on by the devs, just one commit that seems to make the change from needing to be Activesynced first. And again, I don't know if this latest kernel makes any difference to the ROM you are on or not. Before, even Activesynced, I wasn't charging via Mightyrom 2.1. But once I switched to the new Sprint 6.5 Stock rom it started working, and then the new i2c changes didn't even need to be Activesynced. So there are still lots of fluctuations on what works and what doesn't. Just reporting findings. And again, it is progressing but I still don't think full output so normal charges are going to be varied.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

I have tried this multiple times, and it seems to charge each time without needing to be plugged in otherwise. My question is, is anyone still on Mightyrom 2.1? If so, can you update to the latest kernel and see if you can charge now?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

I just spoke with captnoord, he doesn't know why the i2c stuff would make the charging stuff work the way it is, but regardless, he did confirm that he wouldn't trust hardware to shut the circuit off when it is full. It very well may, but till more is understood about the chip that controls that, he wouldn't want to risk it. So my warnings stand, I wouldn't risk burning up your device heh. So only charge till you think it would be full, don't leave it on all night. But that is your risk if you want to!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Threadstarter

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Yes, this is exactly true. Don't trust the hardware to do as it was supposed to, but it's a lot like the accelerator of a car. You can stand on the pedal, but why chance it. Charging doesn't take that long for me, but I've got nothing so far that says anything about it charging faster than windows mobile, so just use it as you must. I'll add the list of possible working roms to the OP. I won't have time to play around with the new kernel tonight, but will test most definately have them tomorrow. So far it seems Mr. X, NRGZ, and Stock Sprint have the capability... more so with the latest kernel. If it won't work for you on the wall charger, don't forget that you can also try usb. When I load android, the driver window pops up asking to locate a driver for "smartphone". I just cancel this window (for those interested). Thanks for the work cflynt. Anyone else besides him have some more factual information?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

cxh9055 is just getting started

I noticed that if i plug my phone into my computer it will not go completely to sleep(the light will stay orange). This seems to indicate that there is some connection and it is charging. If i remove it from the connection it will go into the deep sleep with the green LED. Can anybody else who has charging working confirm this seems to indicate charging?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxh9055 View Post
I noticed that if i plug my phone into my computer it will not go completely to sleep(the light will stay orange). This seems to indicate that there is some connection and it is charging. If i remove it from the connection it will go into the deep sleep with the green LED. Can anybody else who has charging working confirm this seems to indicate charging?
It isn't indicating charging no, but it is showing that it does see a connection to the computer. Current state of the notification LED is for debug purposes only. It doesn't show proper charging/sms/email etc notifications currently. But ya, I guess the phone doesn't completely sleep when plugged in, but if you get it setup to charge then it is doing at least that. I wouldn't go 100% by reading the voltages either, I have been charging while it still shows 4.5 volts. Normally I see it hit up to 4.6-4.7 as Boominsvx has shown in his screenshots, but not always.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

cxh9055 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
It isn't indicating charging no, but it is showing that it does see a connection to the computer. Current state of the notification LED is for debug purposes only. It doesn't show proper charging/sms/email etc notifications currently. But ya, I guess the phone doesn't completely sleep when plugged in, but if you get it setup to charge then it is doing at least that. I wouldn't go 100% by reading the voltages either, I have been charging while it still shows 4.5 volts. Normally I see it hit up to 4.6-4.7 as Boominsvx has shown in his screenshots, but not always.
Sorry. I wasn't trying to indicate that I thought that the fact that the LED was orange meant that it was charging. I was just stating that it seems to be aware of the fact that there is an external connection and therefore it does not enter sleep. Just seeing if people who can't get charging to work are experiencing the same thing with the LED or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2