PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

cxh9055 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Charging: Is it workin for you?

Yea, I was also wondering if there might be a hardware cut off that prevents the battery from over charging. I know some/most electronic devices have devices that prevent this. However, I do agree it is probably not the best choice. Have you gotten your battery to charge?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

yuyjust is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

i am using Sprint tp2 with mighty 2.1 rom and for the life of me cant seem to get android to charge. I have updated several kernel and zImage and now on the wireless tether rootfs,zImage, and module still not charging.

plugged in before boot haret with auto summing off. No go.

plugged in before boot haret with auto dimming on. No go.

USB plugged in with disk drive option with both auto dimming on and off. No go.

USB plugged in with active sync option with both auto dimming on and off. No go.

So thats my current charging situation.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rgamer84 is just getting started
Talking Re: Battery Charging: Is it workin for you?

I found something interesting as i have been playing with my cell. I have had a lot of issues with my phone booting into Airplane mode very randomly and decided this was probably something to do with it wanting to use GSM over the cdma radio. I removed the sim card, started up WM (I use Mr. X Rom from 3/5/10) with the charger unplugged and auto dim off (not sure if auto dim makes a difference for charging or not yet) i booted up HaRet. I no longer am having issues with Airplane mode after a few boots AND charging IS working!!! If i unplug the charger is says "Li-ion Battery Not Charging" and when i plug it in it says "Li-ion Battery Fully Charged". I also noticed the voltage go up to 4.716 from the unplugged 4.698". From what i can see it is charging and it is stopping when it is full. I will need to wear down my battery to really check it to make sure but all seems to be working in that respect. I am on the latest daily build on android - 3/19/10. Let me know your findings and if anybody else see's the same thing i am seeing. Ditch the SIM!!!

If anyone wants to know more info about my setup let me know. I think i have mentioned all of the needed info to get it working though

Edit: Sorry, i am on a RHOD400 with sprint in 3G coverage area in IL
Edit 2: This seems to be working with both the USB charger and wall charger.

Last edited by Rgamer84; 03-20-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgamer84 View Post
Ditch the SIM!!!
Correct. At this point this Android build requires you to remove the sim. With out this it thinks that your phone is a GSM phone and gets all confused. With no SIM it boots as CDMA and works perfectly with 3g data, SMS, calls, etc.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

When i read through the FAQ's and everything it did not say anything about having to remove the SIM card and the Android forums are getting way to long to keep up with anymore so if that was mentioned before i am sorry. The question is now though, since yours is charging without the sim card in also. Is this what puts us in the same boat and others just have not taken their sim card out because they did not know like i do now?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Lurker

No I'm not mad. I'm just confirming that that is the way that it is supposed to be. Check your Private Messages.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxh9055 View Post
No I'm not mad. I'm just confirming that that is the way that it is supposed to be. Check your Private Messages.
I didn't mean sorry as in i thought you were being mean. I meant sorry if it was already posted somewhere in the forums about having to remove the sim card. I am still very curious if that is what ties it all together since i couldn't get it to charge prior to removing the sim card

Edit - Okay, it does say it in the FAQ section now. When i loaded up android a few days ago it was not there. I am really surprised as to how quiet it is on the android section. I would think this would have more momentum. Maybe i need to stop over at xda.

Last edited by Rgamer84; 03-20-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker

yuyjust is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgamer84
I found something interesting as i have been playing with my cell. I have had a lot of issues with my phone booting into Airplane mode very randomly and decided this was probably something to do with it wanting to use GSM over the cdma radio. I removed the sim card, started up WM (I use Mr. X Rom from 3/5/10) with the charger unplugged and auto dim off (not sure if auto dim makes a difference for charging or not yet) i booted up HaRet. I no longer am having issues with Airplane mode after a few boots AND charging IS working!!! If i unplug the charger is says "Li-ion Battery Not Charging" and when i plug it in it says "Li-ion Battery Fully Charged". I also noticed the voltage go up to 4.716 from the unplugged 4.698". From what i can see it is charging and it is stopping when it is full. I will need to wear down my battery to really check it to make sure but all seems to be working in that respect. I am on the latest daily build on android - 3/19/10. Let me know your findings and if anybody else see's the same thing i am seeing. Ditch the SIM!!!

If anyone wants to know more info about my setup let me know. I think i have mentioned all of the needed info to get it working though

Edit: Sorry, i am on a RHOD400 with sprint in 3G coverage area in IL
Edit 2: This seems to be working with both the USB charger and wall charger.
can u confirm that it really is charging ? I'm on sprint tp2 with mighty 2.1 rom and it did exactly the same thing as you just described but when i boot back to windows, my battery level is actually less than before i boot into android.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am actually letting the battery discharge right now to about 20% then i will hop back into android and start the charging process. That will give me confirmation that it is handling it exactly how i think it is.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Threadstarter

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

I'm pretty sure someone said that when they had mightyrom the phone didn't charge, but it seems to on energy. The pics from post one were taken on a phone running energyrom with the sim card out. Glad to see we may be getting somewhere with this.
On a side not, My battery doesn't seem any hotter charging that in winmo, and it's cool the whole time if I have a full battery when I start android. The only time my battery ever really gets hot is when I'm using the internet. That baby can cook an egg no matter what OS I'm running. Still, I agree with the previous post. Since this has not been worked out by the developers, I believe this should not be taken for granted. Use it only if you need it, and don't leave it plugged in all night. I've done it, but I will not be responsible for a mangled charge circuit. That being said, does anyone that has charging use mightyrom? Are you all running with your sim cards out? Report here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2