PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

elmago29 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
suspend TP2 when runing adroid

is there anyway to suspend my phone when running android. when i click the power button the screen goes black but i can see that the backlight stays on, also the amber light never turns off.

any solutions, suggestions?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: suspend TP2 when runing adroid

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373

Check out the FAQ on the first page.

Why is my backlight always staying on?
MrPippy Addressed in Post#1 but for those not understanding. There have been reports, including myself with issues with the Backlight staying on even when you put the phone to sleep. As well as your backlit navigation keys at the bottom. Obviously a real battery killer! To fix this, we need to disable Windows Mobile's Automatic Adjustment and Dim settings.

From within Windows Mobile
Tap START - SETTINGS - SYSTEM - POWER - BACKLIGHT
Tap to Uncheck - Automatically adjust backlight
Tap to Uncheck - Dim backlight if device is not used for: in the On Battery Power section
Tap to Uncheck - Dim backlight if device is not used for: in the On External Power section
This should keep the backlight from staying on now, and definitely increase battery time!

My Notification LED is always on?
Current state of the Notification LED is more for diagnostic purposes. It isn't functioning yet for true notifications. It is more for diagnostics right now from my understanding to let you know that the phone is in sleep mode. If the light isn't Green when sleeping then it hasn't ran it's power collapse mode and it is draining your battery. I get an occasional Flash from Green to Orange and I assume it is when the phone wakes up to check things like mail etc. But otherwise it is Green all the time the phone is sleeping. Which is good!

Last edited by rushco; 03-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 480x800; XV6875.1; Window Mobile 6.5 Professional

Just to let you guys know, the only thing I unchecked was the Automatically adjust backlight box.
I still have vaules for dimming the screen on battery and external power active and my backlight functions correctly in Android.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2