PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

heady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby View Post
When you boot up and are on the lock screen it tells you no service right?
Cuz I know I had to do what reefer said and copy my startup etc and when I boot up it tells me no service but as soon as I unlock the screen I have service. Sounds stupid but have you tried it and waited to see if your service starts running?
No I dont really listen to my lockscreens cause they are never right it actualy had zero service. I also updated my original post with a fix for the issue. it sucks but it works.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

krewblink is becoming a great contributor
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/16] FRX01 FINAL!

Need help.. Error keeps popping up The application Google services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."

What the hell?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Wait, I'm really confused. Is this the final Froyo build we're going to see released for the TP2? Does this mean all of the "not working" things have been fixed, or that the devs have concluded that they can't be? I'm unsure in what context to interpret the statement "final." Thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
So am I crazy, or does the new reference build have no apps in it? All I have is:
No Market even??

Edit: Sorry spoke too soon. That's just in the apps drawer (which I thought showed ALL apps...) I can add all sorts of apps (including the Market) thru the shortcuts -> applications menu.
Ok, that was just odd. I booted this morning, and all the apps are in the drawer as they should be... Must've been a side effect from the new data.img.

New build is awesome btw!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Wait, I'm really confused. Is this the final Froyo build we're going to see released for the TP2? Does this mean all of the "not working" things have been fixed, or that the devs have concluded that they can't be? I'm unsure in what context to interpret the statement "final." Thanks!
No.

My understanding is that FroYo is out of Beta, not the TP2 port of the underlying system and kernel (which also work with older versions of Android, I actually liked AOSP 2.1).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
No.

My understanding is that FroYo is out of Beta, not the TP2 port of the underlying system and kernel (which also work with older versions of Android, I actually liked AOSP 2.1).
Ohhhh. That makes a lot more sense. So, in theory, Froyo itself should be completely stable now, yeah? And any instabilities are a result of the port to the TP2, which we're working to fix?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Ohhhh. That makes a lot more sense. So, in theory, Froyo itself should be completely stable now, yeah? And any instabilities are a result of the port to the TP2, which we're working to fix?
Bingo, perfectly put.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Is the built-in wifi tethering under Settings => Wireless & networks => Tethering & portable hotspot working for anyone?

When I try to turn it on, it just tries for a while and then displays "Error"
Old 09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Tested speakerphone.

It works but it cuts out.

Example:

I call Google Voice to listen to messages and it cuts out half way through the voice prompts until I hit a button again.

Normal in call volume is ok
Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Is the built-in wifi tethering under Settings => Wireless & networks => Tethering & portable hotspot working for anyone?

When I try to turn it on, it just tries for a while and then displays "Error"
Stinebd said it was very unstable. May want to stick with the apk for now...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps