PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95-civic View Post
Wow this project has really come along since my last build!
lol took down that package huh... damn you i thought was new one to fix hiss added it then had no sound lol

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [8/26] SOUND IS FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
lol took down that package huh... damn you i thought was new one to fix hiss added it then had no sound lol
Well I bet it didn't hiss then!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

choogle is a n00b

I encountered a bit of a weird issue... I booted into the latest build fine, everything was working great but then it went into sleep/standby and I couldn't get it to wake up. Rebooted it by taking battery out, and back in winmo I found my keyboard wasnt working right.. for some reason both hardware and software keyboards had 'shift' key functionality broken and I couldn't put in any capital letters. Doing hard reset fixed the issue though.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Got the sound working, loving it. Have a hiss/static as everyone else does, but it's not that loud so it doesn't bother me. Thanks to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
I just installed the new cab over the prior 8/18 cab and all my custom user settings remained intact. Is this normal operating procedure or did I get lucky?
this is normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Can someone help me with installing to ext2 partition right now I have my card partitiond to the windows partition, ext2 and a linux swap partition. I am not sure how to actually get it to install onto the ext2 partition though.

where can i download androidinstall.tar.gz
download one of the Android ports from the Neopeek thread on XDA and rename it to androidinstall.tar.gz

From there it's pretty straightforward, go with the instructions from the XDA thread and you should be straight
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

it's been a while... are you guys checking or unchecking 3d before startup
Old 08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

http://glemsom.users.anapnea.net/and...htc-msm-linux/ Download the newest package and replace the files in your andboot folder. This will take care of the hissing sound.

Also, be sure to rename the Zimage_2010etcetcetc to zImage and delete the old modules file
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
http://glemsom.users.anapnea.net/and...htc-msm-linux/ Download the newest package and replace the files in your andboot folder. This will take care of the hissing sound.

Also, be sure to rename the Zimage_2010etcetcetc to zImage and delete the old modules file
do we rename the modules file too?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
do we rename the modules file too?
nope, leave that file name the way it is
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

bah mms isnt working for me either!!! do wish the headphone jack worked, but oh well at least sound is working now.. cant wait til the camera etc.. dont really care bout bluetooth,,etc.. im like many once those are fixed android will be my choice.. but for basic functions that i really only use anyway.. this build rocks.. I can always boot back to wm, for anything music or video etc..
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

Wow, this is great! Thanks for the updated module file. Thanks given. I'm trying to use the voice search functions but it never seems to hear a voice, have I done something wrong? Also, playing youtube results in no video only audio. Overall though it saddens me to realize I will go full Android soon and that this phones screen was never this beautiful under WinMo. Thanks in advance

Last edited by bit1; 08-26-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps