PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->Vogue->Touch Pro->Curve->Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

sp4150 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Droid eris os for Touch Pro 2

i wanted to know if there was a possibilty of us getting the eris ui because i like that one more than that of the nexus one
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Droid eris os for Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4150 View Post
i wanted to know if there was a possibilty of us getting the eris ui because i like that one more than that of the nexus one
How bout we actually get the OS working properly first before we bother worrying about themes eh? K thx bai.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

I agree but I don't think we will get Sense UI working until we are able to get it from either the Desire/ Incredible or the Legend because the Droid Eris is only Android 1.6, and we are using 2.0.1 I was told even though it states 2.1. Using the Droid Eris UI would be a step backwards for us ATM.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

What if we use the base from the eris 2.1 update leak? Most of the drivers and such would be similar no? I have no idea? But this is breathing new life into my tp2... I could care less for the htc sense but maybe working drivers and stuff yeah?
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

it don't work...
the eris 2.1 update (flan) has been around for a VERY long time. Don't get me wrong with the new zimage and system files (as well as intrid) it is running faster, but it is still extremely buggy, slow images aren't scaled properly, etc etc etc
I have a build of 2.1 that is mostly current but it is so buggy you may as well not bother
both flan and expresso builds seem to exhibit this buggy behavior...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL-> HTC TP-> HTC TP2 =]
Carrier: - Sprint -

ifiwasperfect is a n00b

man just goes to show you how ungrateful people are...this build isn't even fully functional and you asking for more...and stop saying "driod eris os" its called Sense UI..just a layer on top of regular ole andriod OS.

this just made me smh "Desire/ Incredible or the Legend" they are ALL THE SAME OS...gesh..
Old 03-12-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

well I wanted to try sense ui (rosie and all) when android was infantile in january and I did...I don't see the big issue in asking if there has been parallel development and since there has been a working system...why not?
I don't see an issue
Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

To be honest, I'd like to try Sense UI on TP2. I simply had no chance to play around with it.

I do, however, think that sound, power management, less Force Closes are a priority, and instead of working on parallel projects, people capable of these things should work together on stability, usability and only after, features.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

krusty46 is becoming a great contributor

I just find it funny how everyone wants to make their Android TP2 look like their Windows TP2
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

the only fascinating thing in my eyes that makes android a more complete OS is htc sense. I've said that from day 1 and even made a topic about how I feel android is incomplete as an OS when you need a balance of work and play or even just do work. Android out of the box doesn't do that. It keeps me synched with google yes, it has a faster sms interface yes, but above that, nothing else to keep me interested.

HTC sense does a lot to the android experience

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2