PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How much free RAM are you getting?

How much free RAM are you getting at startup in androud aflter closing all running tasks and what ROM are you running?
I'm not sure if it matters what ROM we are running or if we all average the same but I'm getting about 99-102mb after closing everything except the battery indicator and the kill tasks app.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: How much free RAM are you getting?

Based on my personal tests, it should all be the same. I cooked a quick android loader once with a 8mb pagepool, once with 10, 32, and 64. guess what? once android was running, exact same ram usage. In my mind this proves that it does not matter what rom WAS running when android was launched.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

How do you close apps in Android?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
use the included advanced task manager

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Threadstarter

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
drag down the top taskbar and go to andvance task killer lol or something like that then you could choose what you want to close
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

FYI: makkonen in the official linux thread linked to this FAQ showing that killing apps in the task manager may not always be the best idea:

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
Old 03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Thats what I always though. I thought that one of the benefits of Android, was that you never had to close your Programs. I know its not that same as say the Palm Pre/ Pixi OS but I though it managed the running programs alot better than any other OS. I may be wrong though.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2