PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2 and THE Moment. tp2_4sale
Carrier: THE NOW NETWORK

ps3evader is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can we help developing

how can everyone else on here help out the developers or help to develop a working build?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: How can we help developing

Good idea... I say next we try to get the audio working than start working on the inner tweaks "gps, messaging, ringtones, etc"...

However, i'll be pissed if Android gets video ringtones before us daily WinMo users get'm lol..

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

By answering other peoples questions so the devs don't have to and then they spend more time on fixing things.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah alot of us sit hours a day answering pretty much the same stuff all day. I have learned alot so far though and it's been fun!! just glad we have our own home now!!!

Never thought I would prefer a phone without sound over Windows lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: uscc

dfgas is just getting started

wish i knew what was wrong with mine, was on the phone last night with my GF and android crashed and restarted the gui on me.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2 and THE Moment. tp2_4sale
Carrier: THE NOW NETWORK
Threadstarter

ps3evader is just getting started

wsh i knew linux
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

plada2315 is just getting started

i was wondering if anyone could make a vid which shows how one would about installing android on a TP2 this would not only help me, because i wana know how to do it without breaking my phone haha, but like u guys have mentioned help by reducing the question developers have to answer
Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by plada2315 View Post
i was wondering if anyone could make a vid which shows how one would about installing android on a TP2 this would not only help me, because i wana know how to do it without breaking my phone haha, but like u guys have mentioned help by reducing the question developers have to answer
1. download and unzipp the package, copy and paste everything to the root of the sdcard. Root: meaning front and center of sdcard, not in a folder or anything. front page of the sdcard. click on haret.exe....BOOM

2. You cant damage your device doing this. Worst case soft/hard reset the phone. But I highly doubt it, this run from the sdcard and not the device.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

cxh9055 is just getting started

Guys, the point of this thread is to determine how we as users can assist the developers in furthering the Android port. I am pretty sure that arguing over who is ahead on the development (CDMA/GSM) is not helpful. I am very interested in helping out and I have fairly high technical knowledge and would be willing to do anything possible to help out. It looks like the most we can do at this point is to help answer posts and I will do my best.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
I could make calls in Android with the builds I put together back in December.
I was unaware of the ability to make calls with a working speaker in December. (Working speaker during a call) was brought to my attention in one of the later releases of March.

Bottom line... I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxh9055 View Post
Guys, the point of this thread is to determine how we as users can assist the developers in furthering the Android port. I am pretty sure that arguing over who is ahead on the development (CDMA/GSM) is not helpful. I am very interested in helping out and I have fairly high technical knowledge and would be willing to do anything possible to help out. It looks like the most we can do at this point is to help answer posts and I will do my best.

Agreed and thanks hit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2