PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How can we help developing

CDMA developers will to some degree follow the foot steps/footprints/blueprints of GSM developers. Just encase if everybody dont know GSM users (TMo TP2 & ATT Tilt2) are at 100-110% functionality on the AndroidOS. They had a head start due the mass base of GSM users WORLDWIDE...!!! We (CDMA users & developers) are playing catch up and learning from some of their trail and errors. And working hard behind the scene s with key players.

What we can do as ppcgeeks.com (largest CDMA WM site) members is tighten up on the noobish punch drunk posts and directly help by advising members to read alittle more. I'm not saying dont help other members but there is a thin line between helping and enabling.

The first date is over, we like the click (Android) and we want more than a one night stand. So lets court her, wine and dine this baby into long lasting relationship.

CDMA Android Development will reach 110% before we know it. To the all helpers keep helping and enablers stop enabling. XDA.Developers.com dont even play ring around the roses.

If you want to help Developing try some new stuffs. Like putting together your own Android package folder based on the information, software etc thats already out there on websites. And trying it on your own PHONE, like I did. There is no real way to Brick your device. Nothing a soft/hard reset or even flashing a custom thru the sdcard couldnt fix. I'm running a mix of things that I took my time and packaged up for me.

Only the born to win ppcgeekers will read this post and receive the positive.

Last edited by info[]box1; 03-12-2010 at 12:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

+1 I agree the posts are out of control in some threads. I find when searching the forums I then have to search the thread and that still doesnt narrow down the garbage enough to make it mangeable to find specific answers and I think maybe that is why we have so many repeat thread posts that contain the same questions.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

matthewb57 is becoming a great contributor

As I have suggested in other threads, update the wiki at http://androidonhtc.com.

This will cut down on clutter.

Read through the thread(s) and pick out questions and answers that are often asked and add them to the FAQ. Then promote its use as a resource for all the common questions and concerns. It really is the best way to organize all the data and hopefully cut down on the constant repeat questions. Threads reaching a 1000 posts a week are difficult and frustrating to keep up with.

This to me is one of the most basic ways to help, anyone can do it, and yet it is probably the most helpful next to developers working the code.

So pitch in, it only takes a rew minutes to update something.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated by the community.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewb57 View Post
As I have suggested in other threads, update the wiki at http://androidonhtc.com.

This will cut down on clutter.

Read through the thread(s) and pick out questions and answers that are often asked and add them to the FAQ. Then promote its use as a resource for all the common questions and concerns. It really is the best way to organize all the data and hopefully cut down on the constant repeat questions. Threads reaching a 1000 posts a week are difficult and frustrating to keep up with.

This to me is one of the most basic ways to help, anyone can do it, and yet it is probably the most helpful next to developers working the code.

So pitch in, it only takes a rew minutes to update something.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated by the community.

+1...Well said...!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

plada2315 is just getting started

i was wondering if anyone could make a vid which shows how one would about installing android on a TP2 this would not only help me, because i wana know how to do it without breaking my phone haha, but like u guys have mentioned help by reducing the question developers have to answer
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by plada2315
i was wondering if anyone could make a vid which shows how one would about installing android on a TP2 this would not only help me, because i wana know how to do it without breaking my phone haha, but like u guys have mentioned help by reducing the question developers have to answer
It is 4 steps.

Download the package.

Open the folder and drag and drop everything to the SD card.

Take out sim card.

Start haret which is on your SD card.

You are not booting android. Congrats.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Exigent Circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by plada2315 View Post
1. download and unzipp the package, copy and paste everything to the root of the sdcard. Root: meaning front and center of sdcard, not in a folder or anything. front page of the sdcard. click on haret.exe....BOOM

2. You cant damage your device doing this. Worst case soft/hard reset the phone. But I highly doubt it, this run from the sdcard and not the device.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Just encase if everybody dont know GSM users (TMo TP2 & ATT Tilt2) are at 100-110% functionality on the AndroidOS
How do I put this delicately? Ummmm, no. They aren't anywhere near 100% functionality
Old 03-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Exigent Circumstance

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk
Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Just encase if everybody dont know GSM users (TMo TP2 & ATT Tilt2) are at 100-110% functionality on the AndroidOS
How do I put this delicately? Ummmm, no. They aren't anywhere near 100% functionality
thx for the reply and gentle feedback on my post. i will check with my orginal resource plus a youtube vid on att tilt2 running android. to make sure i iron out my maybe suppose facts. but i know they being gsm users are so far ahead it may seem like 100 percent compared to us cdma users. will post more accurate info later tonight with links.

late,
ib1
Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
70% I'd say but more than enough for many to switch to android
3d is not working fully nor are a few other things (speaker phone/ sound)
but its pretty stable battery life is about 6-8 hours and by in large development has been fast

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2