PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should we get an Android Sub forum?
Yes 89 89.90%
No 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **request for android sub forum** vote

I'd love to see a sub forum for Android to make sure the thread is not cluttered.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Its more functional than sub-par ROM and its a few of those floating around here.

Just saying... Looking at a bigger picture...
It may be more functional than a sub par ROM, and yes- we have a few sub par ROMS floating around, but... We have several totally functional ROMs too.

I'm just saying- Android is not even fully functional yet so how can it deserve its own forum?

Once it's functional, yeah, I can see that. But if it's not functional enough for everyone to use it, then why should it get a forum?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hyperfire21 is just getting started

lets get the android subforum going please!!

and lets move all the current android threads there.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can think of this 3 ways.

1 - This can be thought of as another ROM. A custom ROM gets its own thread. So the android is a ROM and gets its own thread.

2 - This is an OS. Questions can branch out to several categories or in this case threads. So there should be a sub-forum for android on TP2 questions.

3 - Go to a legit android forum and ask questions since you are running android. Like here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Last edited by rushco; 03-08-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

why would anyone vote no? Would you rather see the main forum cluttered with android stuff? Organization is a good thing. Now that we have working cdma data, i think it's time to add a sub forum.

One thread is no longer big enough as people will want to post apps, skins, themes and even roms that boot direclty into android. We also have two contributors here in civic and pep. There may also be others who want to start their own threads with their mods. You also don't want tp2 users going into true android forums and cluttering those forums with their questions that are based on it running on the tp2.... this is tp2 specific.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:08 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®
Threadstarter

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
why would anyone vote no? Would you rather see the main forum cluttered with android stuff? Organization is a good thing. Now that we have working cdma data, i think it's time to add a sub forum.

One thread is no longer big enough as people will want to post apps, skins, themes and even roms that boot direclty into android. We also have two contributors here in civic and pep. There may also be others who want to start their own threads with their mods. You also don't want tp2 users going into true android forums and cluttering those forums with their questions that are based on it running on the tp2.... this is tp2 specific.
Probably people who would die for Windows Mobile. Seriously, am sick of Windows and I am a big fan of Google.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Why not it's time for it. While where at it there should be a faq stickied at the top of it as well when it happens. I'm tired of seeing the same question posted 100 times through the same thread. For ex. my sound doesn't work.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Something tells me the 9 people that voted no were part of the group who were having troubles with the installation... Not shootin yall down any just sayin, if it was click BAMMMM and it worked the voters outcome may be a little different... But since it's still in testing stages we're gonna have some non-believers..

Just imagine the very first ROM ever to be flashed, if people were asked would you try this, i'm sure it'd been spread out across the board yes, no, yes, no, yes no...

But since it had testers, and since it was developed off of something that was already semi-stable enough "windows o/s" it developed into what it is today, doesn't Android deserve the same respect from us..?? I'm sure when some more brain power gets put into this it will be fully functional and just as stable as what we have now and days in the ROM world... I'm not hatin on yall, just sayin... It at least deserves a dedicated thread to grow and develop in because if not, than by the time it is fully functional/stable these threads are gonna be so mixed it's gonna be impossible to to decipher through all the trial/error stages...

Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I sent a message to mindfrost asking for the sub forum and provided the results from this poll. We need more people voting!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
V.I.P
Threadstarter

oh lookie lookie

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2