PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   [ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROMs for Android - DualBOOT - 6.5 & 6.1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402)

sd_matto 03-13-2010 05:59 AM

Re: [ ROM ][ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - DualBOOT - 44MB :-)

I am really, REALLY starting to like this ROM. Better than the 6.1 v.1.

One question, and one possible add (for your consideration, Calk):
1. When Sprint 6.5 gets released, will you create a v.3 that incorporates the new drivers/software?
2. Consider adding this to enable BT DUN: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\DUNServ er\ControlPanel]
Enabled=1
Original credit for this goes to:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=bluetooth+dun

Thanks again, Calk (and, for you readers, thank me if item 2 above works out for you like it did for me).

Calkulin 03-13-2010 09:00 AM

Uploading a 43MB 6.5 one and I redid 6.1 again for those that want it, so they will be up in the first page shortly. And sd_matto, I included that reg key change for you

info[]box1 03-13-2010 09:14 AM

Re: [ ROM ][ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - DualBOOT - 6.5 & 6.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1626853)
lol I had an answer for you but didn't see you online to fix that genY dualboot issue, had a cab file ready to send to you lol

Mackie I was overlooking a small step attempting DualBoot, but I figured it out. I already had the latest GenY .cab and the theme .cab for it. I ran it flawlessly on a few custom ROMs over the past few days. I changes some of my ppcgeeks profile page setting so try to send me a PM, when you get a chance.

thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1627178)
Uploading a 43MB 6.5 one and I redid 6.1 again for those that want it, so they will be up in the first page shortly

Cal... I think I'll be rolling with the 6.1 it just something about that start menu, that make me fall in love winmo all over again.

thx

sd_matto 03-13-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Uploading a 43MB 6.5 one and I redid 6.1 again for those that want it, so they will be up in the first page shortly. And sd_matto, I included that reg key change for you

Awesome and thanks. Downloading now, but busy for rest of day. Will test both over the course of the next day or so, and post feedback sometime tomorrow (Sun).

Thanks again, Calk.

sd_matto 03-13-2010 04:43 PM

Re: [ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROMs for Android - DualBOOT - 6.5 & 6.1

Loving the 6.1, so I had to post.

Three quick qs:

1. Are the ## codes available on this ROM (i.e., to access EPST, FieldTrial)? For some reason, the usual suspects (##DATA, ##PST) are not working. If they arent accessible, is there some CAB available to provide access?

2. When you built this ROM and added the File Explorer extensions, did you incorporate the ones for Win 6.5 available since mid-Jan 2010 (as v.2.06) at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421723 ?

3. Best CAB for MMS for WinMo 6.1? I am on Boost, so I will have to manually change settings anyways.

Thanks for letting me know.

info[]box1 03-13-2010 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sd_matto (Post 1627907)
Loving the 6.1, so I had to post.

3. Best CAB for MMS for WinMo 6.1? I am on Boost, so I will have to manually change settings anyways.

Thanks for letting me know.

Try this one: report back results... I have a few more native sprint mms .cab

sd_matto 03-13-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

And sd_matto, I included that reg key change for you

Thanks Calk, for including that Reg key (i.e., the "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\DUNServ er\ControlPanel]
Enabled=1" mentioned above).

Unfortunately, it looks like in putting back in that reg key, you added something else that messes with both (a) BT DUN ability to work, and (b) ability of USBModem (a third party program similar to WModem, but working on both Macs and PCs) to work.

I solved (a). You need to edit the registry of your ROMs to remove "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\DUNServ er]SendPPPTerminate=1".
EDIT1: This solution, though it fixed the problem of BT DUN not working in 6.1v2, is not the underlying cause of the problem, as the prior 6.5v1 has the same registry entry (i.e., the one whose removal fixed things in 6.1v2) but, unlike 6.1v2, BT DUN works in 6.5v1 without removing the registry entry.
EDIT2: There is no problem (a) in 6.5v2; problem (a) is limited to 6.1v2.

I am still working on (b) above.
EDIT3: Problem (b) persists across ROMs. Likely not a ROM issue (more likely a Mac OS issue), so I am abandoning this for now.

And, thanks info; I am still working on MMS.

agrenwa 03-14-2010 10:55 PM

does anybody have a working cab for quickgps? I'm trying to run gps in google maps (windows mobile) but its not finding satelites, so I installed quickgps but when I open it it says its not signed in with certificate or components are missing.

agrenwa 03-14-2010 11:36 PM

I'm looking for the stock htc dialer if you have it in a cab file.

agrenwa 03-15-2010 01:23 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I'm having an issue when I boot back to windows mobile from android my clock changes to wrong time, I never had this with other roms.