PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

anyone create any cool shortcuts for launching haret? i think the gsm tp2 android is installed using a cab and puts a nice icon in the start menu
Old 03-12-2010, 03:25 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
anyone create any cool shortcuts for launching haret? i think the gsm tp2 android is installed using a cab and puts a nice icon in the start menu
i seen this on the wiki over at xda...theres a link which takes you to a thread where theres a cab to basicly have a shortcut of haret in the start menu (w/ a icon of andriod, whatever bot)

haha on a side note, a friend of a friends cuz lil niece seen it too nah im messin on that (it sounded right in my head but when i read what i wrote it sounded funny 2 me)
Old 03-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Have you tried using it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...80&postcount=1
Old 03-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Give this cab a try, places it in the root of the start menu. Just threw it together, if theres a want for it i will start updating cab as Mr. Pippy releases!

This cab installs android into root of storage card and creates a shortcut in root of start menu.
Android with Shortcut

This cab only creates a shortcut in start menu to haret located in root of storage card, for those with android already on storage card.
Android Shortcut Only

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 03-12-2010 at 06:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

scottfun24 is a n00b

Thanks for all your work
Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

Hey bike it just might be me, but I dl your cab file to my sd card and tryied to open it and it keeps telling my it was unsuccessful. I used total commander file explore and pocket rar. any ideas thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

I have fexplorer ext installed and you could make a .exe into a shortcut on the start menu and I used icon changer to use a nice icon i found on xda
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00
I click on haret and it says loading Linux, I thought this was Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post
? Android is Linux... Haret is also used to load ubuntu on the tp2.
I am sure there was heavy sarcasm there based on who the original post was from.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverr7x View Post
Hey bike it just might be me, but I dl your cab file to my sd card and tryied to open it and it keeps telling my it was unsuccessful. I used total commander file explore and pocket rar. any ideas thanks
You must extract with 7zip, if you did try dl again, should work fine. Which cab are you trying btw?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Bike, this is awesome bro! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2