PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

so i extracted flyers package to the root of my sd card and ran the haret file, but it wouldnt finish booting up. i got to the black screen with the tiny white lines of text and it kept running through those for a long time, but never seemed to finish. twice i let it go for about 20 minutes each before resetting. am i doing something wrong or missing a step? sorry if this has been answered, i just couldnt find it. from the single post instructions, i thought thats all there was to it.

thanks in advance, im really looking forqard to getting this booted up. i had been thinking android might be my next phone, but if we can get sound, camera, and bluetooth working on this i dont think i would even need to switch!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove View Post
maybe its just me, and I dont mean to be a ****, but shouldnt this thread be about developement of android, like sound and wifi and data and such...
I think to have to read 20 pages of bs about live wallpapers should be another thread...this thread has 80 pages, and more than 60% is garbage space....
Just my 2 cents..
I think all this unecessary talk about stuff thats not needed, is just slowing down developement....
Again I dont mean to be an ass and Im sorry if this offends someone...but now that we have our own subforum...I think non playing with software and or games belongs in another thread....instead of freaking live wallpapers, lets worry about sound and power management
peace
byte
Agreed! This is a sticky thread too so the bloat is really ridiculous. It should be for dev not wallpapers. Maybe a mod can clean this place up?

It is hard enough to keep up with the dev work as is because updates aren't organized all that well yet. We're just getting started to do this could REALLY spin out of control once more people jump on board.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

kris510 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
Idk if anyone saw on engadget.com they have the info on Android running on the TP2's just saw it, pretty cool that its getting mainstreamed.
Link here:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/11/h...loves-it-vide/
Old 03-11-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Thanks. I was under the impression that Android was fully working on GSM. Guess I was mistaken. Maybe when I was reading posts early on, by "fully" people meant that it functions.
Check the links in my sig. There is a pretty good table already put together showing what's available for which phone.
I think all the links should be in the first post.
They would eliminate having to read the same questions over and over.
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove View Post
maybe its just me, and I dont mean to be a ****, but shouldnt this thread be about developement of android, like sound and wifi and data and such...
I think to have to read 20 pages of bs about live wallpapers should be another thread...this thread has 80 pages, and more than 60% is garbage space....
Just my 2 cents..
I think all this unecessary talk about stuff thats not needed, is just slowing down developement....
Again I dont mean to be an ass and Im sorry if this offends someone...but now that we have our own subforum...I think non playing with software and or games belongs in another thread....instead of freaking live wallpapers, lets worry about sound and power management
peace
byte
To be fair, most ROM threads are full of questions like this since that's where all the action is happening and where are the pros are camping to help answer questions. But you're right, ideally these should be asked in different thread

But since I helped fuel the 'live wallpaper' fire I'll apologize. Didn't mean to piss you off.

Thanks to the pros who answered though. You guys rock. And Eschelon was right. It was adding hw3d.force=1 to startup that was causing the problem so we can move on now that the issue is resolved
Old 03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just a heads up to those that don't follow the IRC channel...

no2chem has battery readouts working correctly (well, mostly) so hopefully soon we'll be able to monitor battery life while in Android
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Just a heads up to those that don't follow the IRC channel...

no2chem has battery readouts working correctly (well, mostly) so hopefully soon we'll be able to monitor battery life while in Android
Is there an android specific channel or just the usual ppcgeeks one?

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
Is there an android specific channel or just the usual ppcgeeks one?
#htc-linux channel... It's different from the PPCG one. But most people don't follow it because if you don't understand linux, it's mostly greek

By greek I mean this... Here's an example conversation from the channel:

makkonen: I don't think the others get used very often if ever. but better to have and not need them than vice-versa, I guess

Markinus: NetRipper: Is on your device too, that the values e.g. from GPIOs 0xa900000 are changing after a write every time to 0x1c860054?

Markinus: like this
Markinus: pd 0xA9000020 0x8

Markinus: 1c860054 1c860054
Markinus: 00000003 00000002

eval-:makkonen: makes sense. the unused .ko aren't sitting in ram right?

makkonen: right

NetRipper: Markinus, whats at +0x20?

Markinus: NetRipper: this sould be GPIO1 config
Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

them are the best convos to read
Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
#htc-linux channel... It's different from the PPCG one. But most people don't follow it because if you don't understand linux, it's mostly greek

Here's an example conversation from the channel:

makkonen: I don't think the others get used very often if ever. but better to have and not need them than vice-versa, I guess

Markinus: NetRipper: Is on your device too, that the values e.g. from GPIOs 0xa900000 are changing after a write every time to 0x1c860054?

Markinus: like this

Markinus: 00000003 00000002

eval-:makkonen: makes sense. the unused .ko aren't sitting in ram right?

makkonen: right

NetRipper: Markinus, whats at +0x20?

Markinus: NetRipper: this sould be GPIO1 config
<= unix geek who didn't want to sit in front of a computer the rest of his life and became a law student

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2