PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

I doubt MrPippy is going to update it for new kernels etc, that's why he linked that in his instructions for you guys to update to the latest if you want. His work was done on the rootfs.img which had the RIL info we needed for CDMA Voice/Data. As changes progress making more adjustments to the CDMA specific stuff etc he will probably update the 1st post accordingly. Or any other major enhancements like Audio, GPS or Camera etc. I could see him updating then, even if it is in the Kernel or a new init. So I would just get in the habit of reading the changelogs at the Glemsom site and see if you want to update your kernel and modules or not.

And yes, the data.img is your actual filesystem, moreso like your home directory in Linux. So unless major enhancements warrant it, or you start experiencing issues, you ideally should be able to keep that and just update the zimage, modules, init and rootfs as needed. But if you are having trouble then of course you might have to forego your data.img and let it recreate it to fix any bugs. And some enhancements change the way things are written/updated so that's when you would have to delete that file as well.

Hope that helps enlighten things. Enjoy your Android, I know I am!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelagraham View Post
I thought the hw3d.force=1 enabled the partial hardware accel that has been implemented (at the cost of the splash screen).

I'd much rather have better performance than the splash screen.
again, pippy hasnt added this yet so I am not jumping the gun and providing that in the startup. I think that would be rude on my part.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
What process did you use to get it over to your sd card?
Extracted files to the root of the sd card by right clicking on the file
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Extracted files to the root of the sd card by right clicking on the file
What all did you already have on your sd card?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Test one, test two.

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

I removed the sim card too
Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Test one, test two.

Quote:
What all did you already have on your sd card?
I was using civic 95 3-6 without problems...Removed all the android files prior to copying yours.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:55 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
I was using civic 95 3-6 without problems...Removed all the android files prior to copying yours.
I dont know, I didnt have a problem with the new modules and kernel. Again, I gave it hell for 2 hours before I released it.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Test one, test two.

i did noticed that it created a folder instead of directly into the card.

I will re-flash again.

Last edited by proxhack; 03-09-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: change
Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
i did noticed that it created a folder instead of directly into the card.
copy all that out of the folder and onto the root of your sd card.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

michaelagraham is just getting started

Quote:
again, pippy hasnt added this yet so I am not jumping the gun and providing that in the startup. I think that would be rude on my part.
Oops, missed your reply; just went back and read it. Your explanation makes perfect sense, sorry about that!

..and yes, this new kernel seems noticeably quicker even without the force 3d.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2