PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

docprego is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

I'm wondering if there are some hardware acceleration features which have yet to be enabled. When using the browser it is choppy, a lot more so than a 2 year old G1 which isn't any faster than the TP2 (aren't they both 528MHz?). I heard a few rumblings of 3D acceleration being worked on right now, but I am not sure if that is what I am talking about.

The progress being made is truly great, I am hoping that ultimately the OS will run as smoothly as I have seen it run on other hardware.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverr7x View Post
is there something i am missing with extracting this quick link i have tryied a hundred times and it keeps telling me it cant find root.fs on the root of the sd card. how come this is different than 95civics never had a problems with his I am total commander and resexplore any other ideas thanks
Is it all on the storage card, or in a folder? The first thing you see when you open "storage card" should be all the files that you need. Not a folder containing them all. People keep changing the folder name through start.txt. To be sure it'll work, just put all the files on a storage card by themselves. The other way is causing confusion. If you have a spare 1 gig, I'd use that instead of the one you use for window mobile.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverr7x View Post
is there something i am missing with extracting this quick link i have tryied a hundred times and it keeps telling me it cant find root.fs on the root of the sd card. how come this is different than 95civics never had a problems with his I am total commander and resexplore any other ideas thanks
1st Extract xdandroid.01.03.10.7z with 7zip onto the root of the sd card
2nd Extrac zImage-modules-....tar with 7zip onto the root of the sd card overwriting the zImage and modules files
3rd replace the startup.txt with the one in the 1st post
4th Extract rootfs-rhod400-20100307.zip with with Pocketrar onto the root of the sd car and overwrite older rootfs.img file
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:45 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
1st Extract xdandroid.01.03.10.7z with 7zip onto the root of the sd card
2nd Extrac zImage-modules-....tar with 7zip onto the root of the sd card overwriting the zImage and modules files
3rd replace the startup.txt with the one in the 1st post
4th Extract rootfs-rhod400-20100307.zip with with Pocketrar onto the root of the sd car and overwrite older rootfs.img file
its so much easier using a desktop pc and a card reader. I dump all the downloads into an empty folder and do my thing just as the directions say.

I really didnt understand the whole 1 file download people wanted. It is my opinion that if your gonna be a part of a development you should be able to follow directions and piece these components together. Just my opinion though.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post

I really didnt understand the whole 1 file download people wanted. It is my opinion that if your gonna be a part of a development you should be able to follow directions and piece these components together. Just my opinion though.
Just my opinion... but for first timers it's is much easier to download one file, extract it and then copy it over.

ONCE you play with Android and get familiar with some of the files on your card and what they are used for... then it becomes much easier to do the piece-meal construction...

For alot of new poeple, "zImage.xxxxxxxxx, rootfs.img, XDANDROID rootfs is totally foreign until they actually get Android working and become a bit familiar with it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

This process of the long way is similar to hybridizing a BlackberryOS, but it took me a few days to get totally solid with that process. But once I got it down pack its a walk in the park.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

iamrobk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
I'm wondering if there are some hardware acceleration features which have yet to be enabled. When using the browser it is choppy, a lot more so than a 2 year old G1 which isn't any faster than the TP2 (aren't they both 528MHz?). I heard a few rumblings of 3D acceleration being worked on right now, but I am not sure if that is what I am talking about.

The progress being made is truly great, I am hoping that ultimately the OS will run as smoothly as I have seen it run on other hardware.
The G1 uses the MSM7200 (same CPU as the GSM TP/TP2, while the CDMA one uses the 7600 but it's pretty much the same), though at stock its clocked down to 384MHz. 3D acceleration will probably help a bit, but I think a lot of the speed issues are because Android is basically being booted from inside WinMo. I think that once Android development gets better the speed issues will fix themselves.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
This process of the long way is similar to hybridizing a BlackberryOS, but it took me a few days to get totally solid with that process. But once I got it down pack its a walk in the park.
I tried responding to your PM bro, it said you dont receive messages. lol
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

I think part of the quietness is the subforum being here now and people can post there mostly irrelevant to development questions in other threads. I have been playing with marketplace, and have pretty well figured out most anything requiring the use of the microphone is not working, but there is a pretty cool fishing game that uses the gsensor along with screen interactions and I was able to play that pretty easily.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
V.I.P

Hey guys,

I took the newest kernel package from today including new modules from glemsoms and put everything in it to boot. Complete Android setup.

I uploaded it if anyone wants it. It flies!!! Data and wifi work, touchscreen is alot better, etc..been running it a few hours

Thanks to Mr. Pippy for the work on the startup.txt file and rootfs and all his other work with getting stuff working, he is the brain behind all of this, and the people working on the kernel and thanks to whoever else is responsible. Not trying to steal the show since this is all info readily available to anyone. Will remove if Mr. Pippy wants me to.

Directions: unzip the file, it will all be in a folder. Copy all the contents out of the folder to the ROOT of your sd card. Nothing else to do but wait for Pippy to do his thing. This only contains a new zImage and modules and the other work Pippy put into it for the original release.

Removed : use flyer's link

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-10-2010 at 01:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2