PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

i wonder if MrPippys rootfs mods can be mixed with the main one in the autobuild site this way it constantly gets updated. don't know if that's possible or what kind of effect it would have on the other devices but just a thought
Old 03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
i wonder if MrPippys rootfs mods can be mixed with the main one in the autobuild site this way it constantly gets updated. don't know if that's possible or what kind of effect it would have on the other devices but just a thought
In time that is the plan. I just think it has been focused on yet. Gonna have to use some if/then functions due to how different the ril's are between devices.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
For those that want to try it, mind you this hasn't been completely signed off on yet, but we are pretty confident it is fine. Here is the latest kernel from today with the tssc fix in it for the double taps on the touchscreen. Thanks go out to bzo for the patch. I have patched todays latest kernel with it and am running it fine myself. So try as you might, hopefully we will get it committed here sometime later tonight.

Just extract, delete your existing zImage and modules files, and then copy these files over.

Edit: Guess I should mention I have been running the patch for a couple of days now without an issue, I just updated to the latest kernel for posting.
Just to report back to everyone, I've been running this and it is great. Screen is so much better. Data and marketplace were working fine for me.. I guess it may be a little 'dated' at this point as they've made an official build, but I wanted to report back to anyone interested.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
In time that is the plan. I just think it has been focused on yet. Gonna have to use some if/then functions due to how different the ril's are between devices.
if/then functions, oh no C++ is haunting me again lol

glad im doing electrical engineering and not computer anymore, just couldn't get my self to sit down and write like that
Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker

yuyjust is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

I have to say i am super impress with the latest build (with touch screen patched). i have been using this build since 7am this morning and its 1pm in the afternoon, everything work perfectly (for the stuffs that suppose to work anyway). touch screen work flawlessly, no more double tap issue. 3g and voice work as it should (although it took me good 5 min after boot to get 3g icon on top of screen, and i have to go into wireless setting to register network for couple of time). Market and wifi work great.

i have been using it for the past 6 hours and still running (have no way to check current battery status) and i will use it until it die to see how long a fully charged battery last.

So far i took a 15 min call, 40 or so sms, and average 20 min/hr web surfing (i dont do much at work). so that is very impressive for me (winmo would have probably 30% battery by now.

Last edited by yuyjust; 03-18-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

jeep447 is just getting started

Ok I hope I don't get roasted for this...I swear I have looked and cannot find the answer..I have heard from a good source that sprints 6.5 rom is being released tomorrow...If it does and I upgrade to it how will that effect android...should I not do it? Any help without throwing tomatoes at me would be great! lol thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Tomatoes?

Hell no.. we beat people will canes!

It really shouldn't affect anything.. the Rom really doesn't matter technically.

They are doing benchmark test to show the speed difference on Roms but I have tried a few Roms and xAndroid and have seen minimal difference.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Lurker

yuyjust is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; XDANDROID Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447
Ok I hope I don't get roasted for this...I swear I have looked and cannot find the answer..I have heard from a good source that sprints 6.5 rom is being released tomorrow...If it does and I upgrade to it how will that effect android...should I not do it? Any help without throwing tomatoes at me would be great! lol thanks!
I dont think it will effect android in anyway. I have used android with stock sprint 6.1, Mighty rom, NRG rom and they all work fine. I think somehow type of your microsd is more important than what rom you are using. I have had a very finicky card that wont work with android at all, but after i switch it out android work fine now.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:49 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyjust View Post
Wirelessly posted (tp2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; XDANDROID Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I have to say i am super impress with the latest build (with touch screen patched). i have been using this build since 7am this morning and its 1pm in the after noon, everything work perfectly (for the stuffs that suppose to work anyway). touch screen work flawlessly, no more double tap issue. 3g and voice work as it should (although it took me good 5 min after boot to get 3g icon on top of screen, and i have to go into wireleaa setting to register network for couple of time). Market and wifi work great.

i have been using it for the past 6 hours and still running (have no way to check current battery status) and i will use it until it die to see how long a fully charged battery last.

So far i took a 15 min call, 40 or so sms, and average 20 min/hr web surfing (i dont do much at work). so that is very impressive for me (winmo would have probably 30% battery by now.
when you say "latest build", do you mean the latest Kernel and modules posted on glemsom?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447 View Post
I am running a stock ROM from US Cellular with 6.5 without issues. We have our own issues with data, but that has to do with our carrier.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2