PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

loader187 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Sweena1 - Sorry I updated. I am using a touch pro 2 thanks for noticing. Everything is working great. I even synced up my work (exchange) email and that works great. The only thing that has not worked yet is Google maps but maybe it will after i reboot. I also downloaded from Market place fine. List below that tested and works.

Data (Browsing) - works no issues
SMS - Works no issues
Voice - Works no issues
Gmail - works no issues
Exchange for work - Works no issues
Vibrate - works no issues.

Anything else??
Old 03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

MrPib is becoming a great contributor

Also have voice (outbound, didn't try in yet), CDMA data working under Verizon. Outstanding job!

Anyone know how to get rid of the small soft keyboard that appears at the top of the screen during bootup? I can't get rid of it, and it blocks things like the left side of the MMS screen. It's driving me nuts! Didn't see any obvious options in the STARTUP.TXT file or anything.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 2

sweena1 is a n00b

Verizon Works awesome.

Working:
Wifi
3G Data
Phone
email
marketplace
google maps
Carrier name correct
google voice

Still trying stuff!!! This is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touchpro

kawaiius is a n00b

Yea im absolutely loving it now....only things im worried about are if the buttons on the bottom and the light on the top are suppose to stay on?..once sound is fixed i think this will become my permanent os.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiius View Post
Yea im absolutely loving it now....only things im worried about are if the buttons on the bottom and the light on the top are suppose to stay on?..once sound is fixed i think this will become my permanent os.
Just remember that if this is your permanent OS that you will need to charge the phone 2-3 times a day until that is fixed.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPib View Post
Also have voice (outbound, didn't try in yet), CDMA data working under Verizon. Outstanding job!

Anyone know how to get rid of the small soft keyboard that appears at the top of the screen during bootup? I can't get rid of it, and it blocks things like the left side of the MMS screen. It's driving me nuts! Didn't see any obvious options in the STARTUP.TXT file or anything.
I recommend re-downloading the Startup.txt, Pippy had forgotten to put an option in there to disable it, or just add msmvkeyb_toggle=off to your cmdline. But he updated the file now, so if you want, just re-download it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
And yeah I think once sound is developed into this whole process, it will draw a lot more attention "as if it's not already the talk of the town" lol...
You want MORE attention? There's been like 30 or 40 pages across 2 threads since last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
confirmed it won't work from android folder with dual boot anymore.
Yeah, gen.y dual boot needs to be updated to take account of the android->andboot change. If you want to use it at this point, you'll need to boot from the root of your sdcard.

Also, someone else said the andboot folder didn't work. That might be the case, if MrPippy didn't build the rootfs off a recent repository. I'd be surprised by this, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreisinger1511 View Post
Have any of you guys seen a similar issue to this:

After launching Haret.exe the following error is displayed, "Something used micropklt_lcd_ctrl. This function should no longer be used." This error is displayed repeatly until the device crashes.

If so, could you let me know if you found a work-around?

I've tried five different SD cards ranging from 2gb to 8gb. The only build I've been able to successfully launch was the one released on 1/25/09. Thanks again in advance for your help.
Other people were having that problem quite a bit a few weeks ago. I think it's been solved, but I don't know what the solution was. There was a great deal of discussion of it over at xda-developers... you might go slog through some posts there to figure it out.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touchpro

kawaiius is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Just remember that if this is your permanent OS that you will need to charge the phone 2-3 times a day until that is fixed.
yea..im still goona use WM for good now until the sound is workin then ill switch over...i love everything on it though...straight awesome
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiius View Post
The led light is definitely supposed to stay on. Something about letting you know the status of the phone. I dont remember my hardware button lights staying on, Im streaming music on pandora through WM right now so I cant check. I dont think they did though. Maybe theres something in settings. The one thing I definitely like better in WM than Android is the settings menu. Android is very counter-intuitive to me. Maybe its just me.

On another note, just showed my coworker (who just got a Droid and think its the best phone yet only in competition with iPhone), my phone running both droid AND windows mobile. Needless to say Im the big man on campus today!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

lol the droid people at my work are pissed off people hahahaha I whipped out my TP2 flashing droid. Pulled up our work website. BOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAA!!

the blackberry people still think they rule....lol homers
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2