PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 01:34 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
That's exactly what I was talking about. Unfortunately not everyone else can just "go there" or they may not know how to. That's why we all need to step up as Paul Revere's for the Android project and spread the word quickly and easily.
IRC has been around for 100 years. A simple google search could possibly lead you in the right direction to the channel.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
lmao oh come on we're not that bad..Once we got past the initial remove your sim card 50000000 times or where to extract it, its gone pretty smooth.
Yah, I'm just having some fun...

oh wait, another update: "Mr Pippy forgot to floss, so he has to start over.... sorry guys no updates tonight..."
Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Yah, I'm just having some fun...

oh wait, another update: "Mr Pippy forgot to floss, so he has to start over.... sorry guys no updates tonight..."

lol nice...
Old 03-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
IRC has been around for 100 years. A simple google search could possibly lead you in the right direction to the channel.
But unlike some ppl, I don't mind repeating myself on here numerous times. The way I see it, it only helps to boost my post count if I can repost the same answer 100 or 1000 times vs. just saying for someone to search for the answer. Fatter threads also look more important too.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
LOL. No I think it's way beyond that... maybe we should rename this thread the
"TP2 Android aka Stalking Mr Pippy" thread

Update: "Hey, I just heard the Mr Pippy is brushing his teeth right now... that must mean one thing. An update is coming soon!!!"
Aww c'mon. Now you're getting silly.

Then again, his e-stalkers are not very discrete, are they?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok guys, before things do get further out of hand, lots have already touched base on it but I thought I would touch base one more time.

Just due to the fact you see MrPippy online, doesn't have anything at all to do with the fact he is about to do anything. He could be reading threads, mind you the TP2 isn't by any means the only thing he has nor works on, so just due to the fact he is online, he might be in another forum thread all together, so don't jump to conclusions.

Next, yes, there is an IRC channel, no doubt that's where the DEVELOPERS do hang out and discuss. And as mentioned, they don't need lots of heads in there asking silly questions that will get in the way of what they are working on. So sure, if you want to join in go for it, but just do it to monitor please unless you have something to add to their issues.

And one major point, MrPippy, mind you is great, he along with Civic who started this whole ordeal got us CDMA radio. That is a Godsend in its own no doubt. But do keep in mind MrPippy is just 1 head out of many that have gotten Android where it is today. They all have their specialties, and they are all working on things all the time when they aren't dealing with real life issues. They aren't here to tailor to your every desire. They do feel a sense of accomplishment no doubt when they can provide what everyone is wanting. But they have their own agenda, and some are working on sound, while others are working on battery while others are working on touchscreen etc.

What I am getting at, is those wishing for MrPippy to give you some miraculous build, which by the way, the only thing, and I mean ONLY thing MrPippy has provided you in Post #1 is the rootfs.img. He gave links to the Android Eclair build, the Kernel autobuild site and instructions on how to throw it together. Then he posted up the modified special for CDMA rootfs.img. So those that keep referring to MrPippy's next build are going to be waiting a long time heh. No doubt he is one of the many great developers that got the Android Eclair build going, as well as the contributions to the Kernel as well. But there are many others that are associated with that as well, and I don't foresee MrPippy going off on his own to provide some special build, other than if it is something that is specific to make CDMA work.

You guys really need to learn how to go grab the kernel and modules yourself, instead of relying on someone to update it for you, no doubt they have been very helpful in providing it for you currently, but I can guarantee all of these guys have a real life, have their families to tend to first etc, and all you are going to do is make yourself wait for the latest and the greatest. It really isn't difficult, I promise you will feel self gratification once you do it yourself and realize how easy it was. There are 3 things to monitor, mind you, if you don't know how to open up the rootfs.img and put what MrPippy has modified in it, then I don't recommend dealing with the rootfs.img but you can at least see what is new, and see if it applies to anything you have been waiting on.

Links:

Latest Eclair Android build:
http://htcandroid.xland.cz/

Latest Initrd.gz builds:
http://xdandroid.southcape.org/initramfs/

Latest rootfs.img builds:
http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/ <-- I repeat, don't grab, just use for reference unless you know what you are doing to merge MrPippy's changes.

And lastly, sound is being worked on all the time. MrPippy has been making progress with the HEADPHONE jack and that is it currently heh. My understanding is the actual external speaker is a whole piece of work on its own and will probably be awhile unless we just get lucky with some new kernel work being done. So don't get too excited, but if things progress enough with the headphone jack, at least you can use headphones and/or an external speaker to at least hear phone stuff. So that is definitely better than nothing right!

Hope it helps peeps, hope you are enjoying it all, I know I am. It blows WM out of the water even with the issues we still have outstanding.

Take Care
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

RGSPro is a n00b

Im totally gonna make my TP2 my main phone again once it has fully working android on it. It's the hardware i've always wanted with the OS i've always wanted... Totally will kill the droid...
Old 03-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Stock) / TP (MightyRom)
Carrier: US Cellular

bytethegroove is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bytethegroove Send a message via MSN to bytethegroove Send a message via Yahoo to bytethegroove

Quote:
But unlike some ppl, I don't mind repeating myself on here numerous times. The way I see it, it only helps to boost my post count if I can repost the same answer 100 or 1000 times vs. just saying for someone to search for the answer. Fatter threads also look more important too.
that is just plain ridiculous....worrying about your post count only makes you a forum *****... and afatter thread dont look more important, they look more like incompentant threads which are most likely diluted with worthless information....like this one 118 pages and only 3 or less worth anything

Last edited by bytethegroove; 03-14-2010 at 02:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
sigh... I can't believe you admit to that. It's good that you are honest, but a bit sad.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Using latest zImage-modules-20100313_235424 and have seen some changes with battery status. Showed 100% for most of the time the phone was on, at around 20% (real battery percent) the Notification started going down. So all in all I would say it works, just in no way accurate yet.

Hard to see but the picture is showing 73% and the batter icon has a sliver out of the top and also has a sign indicating I am charging. The phone was plugged in but was not actually charging.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone.jpg (4.5 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2