PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

acleansc4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Wow, this is great. I haven't tried this since the early Civic builds.

I followed the first post, used the single zip file, extracted to root of SD. Ran Haret, everything works! Calls, sms, google maps, android market, email, etc. Now only if the camera would work, I'd be using this all day...

Great work!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
does anybody know when the next release will come out and will it fix how long the battery lasts?
When it's ready and maybe. :P

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

rice@cox.net is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
for the record, if anyone cares which i bet they don't. But, it was my SD card that was keeping android from booting. for some reason no matter how many times i formatted it it didn't run. swapped out memory cards, and shazam! works like a charm

I had problems with an SD card also. I had to add msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=14000000
to the startup.txt to slow down accesses to my card then everything was fine. Without it I was corrupting the file system on the card bad enough that sometimes I had to reformat, and it almost never made it into android successfully without it. Don't know how bad that affects my performance, but it doesn't seem bad.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:15 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
The instructions are to put ALL the files directly into the root of the sdcard NOT in a folder. Should work fine from the root, some problems from folders (Android, andboot). Also, even with correct file placement it may reset initially a few times before it takes. Has happened to alot of us.
Well they added directions for getting it to boot while in a folder, so I followed those. I guess I'll go back to using a dedicated SD card. I'd like to have it on my 8gb sdhc but android generates too many junk files to keep track of.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jtaylor13 is just getting started

didn't work.hung at linux boot 15 times.yelp. i gave it a fair try.no forget it.google should help with this.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acleansc4 View Post
Wow, this is great. I haven't tried this since the early Civic builds.

I followed the first post, used the single zip file, extracted to root of SD. Ran Haret, everything works! Calls, sms, google maps, android market, email, etc. Now only if the camera would work, I'd be using this all day...

Great work!
Wow, that is a pretty funny. All you need working now is the camera to use this all day?

I am still laughing.........
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

EnemasRfun is a n00b

has anyone with us cellular had any luck getting data to fully work yet?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Airhead315 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Wow, that is a pretty funny. All you need working now is the camera to use this all day?

I am still laughing.........

I think I might have to wait for the charging issues to be fixed besides...I have other things I do during the day than use my phone...thats a long time staring at a small screen!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
MrPippy, I think we should add the following text to post 1 (in BIG RED LETTERS on top):

NOTE: IF YOUR PHONE CURRENTLY HAS A SIM CARD IN THE GSM SLOT, REMOVE IT BEFORE BOOTING ANDROID IF YOU WANT DATA. Some users have reported successful data even with the SIM card in, but it is highly recommended that you remove it, especially the first time.

^I think that would solve a great portion of the questions in this thread!

You mean kinda like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Lastly:

REMOVE YOUR SIM CARD!

It's right under your battery. Just follow the instructions under the battery and use the stylus to slide it out.
Its right at the bottom of page one. Anyone that gets through any kind of browsing on the first page and scrolls to the bottom to click the "Reply" button has to scroll right over this. Guess some people still have a problem with red. It's been there for most of the birth of this thread, and now it's here on Page 100 in conjunction with yours. No Excuses people.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

clifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regularclifftrue is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemasRfun View Post
has anyone with us cellular had any luck getting data to fully work yet?
Not yet. I have read that there are a very few people that it worked right out of the gate though. (Note. this is on the FAQ on page 1)

Sounds like when USCC has an Android phone the fix will come sometime there after. I have worked on this personally for many hours with no luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2