PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)
Carrier: Sprint

RobDFW is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharris040604 View Post
thats the only reason I sim unlocked, well worth it if u like tinkering with stuff
Agreed. GHarris is who I have to thank for making me go purchase a ATT sim card with data for around $60/month. This is SOLELY to test Android on my touch pro 2! Thanks GHarris! I'm enjoying it!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

keiichi626 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDFW View Post
To use a GSM Sim Card, we are using a GSM port. Click this link for detailed instructions on how to use a GSM SIM Card.

(Linky removed due to low post count)

I also keep testing out Civic's using another microSD card. I want Civic's build the most!

Hope this helps!
So, I can use a GSM port on a CDMA TP2, provided I sim-unlock my phone, set my phone to GSM mode, and have a sim card that's active inserted? No harm can come to my device from using a GSM port, correct? Still new to android ports, and I'm relatively sure that the worst that can happen is that I have to pull the battery to reboot my phone. Just want to confirm.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO (Still love my TP2)

RobDFW is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharris040604 View Post
thats the only reason I sim unlocked, well worth it if u like tinkering with stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiichi626 View Post
So, I can use a GSM port on a CDMA TP2, provided I sim-unlock my phone, set my phone to GSM mode, and have a sim card that's active inserted? No harm can come to my device from using a GSM port, correct? Still new to android ports, and I'm relatively sure that the worst that can happen is that I have to pull the battery to reboot my phone. Just want to confirm.

Thanks.
You're correct! NO HARM can come to your device!!!! Click the link I posted 2-3 messages ago. Simple process. It's worth having a gsm sim with data for fun purposes!! If the ringer worked, I'd have a functional cdma and/or gsm phone.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM
N00b

alexandrite_june is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
No problem, guess you found help in the pancake section......
HA! Not really. I just think your post was pointless.....
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
zxhwk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

has anyone.got the android sound to work
Old 02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrite_june View Post
HA! Not really. I just think your post was pointless.....
Is you nickname Mr. Literal? Nice to meet you, I am Mr Sarcasm in case you were to dumb to figure that out.
How many people are going to ask how to install this in this thread. If you cannot take 5 minutes to read through the thread to find your answer, that is posted repeatedly throughout the thread already, then you really can't want to install it that bad.
Laziness gets you nowhere in life, it only makes the non lazy work harder to compensate.

Last edited by eman; 02-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Let's play nice now, boys!

Anyhow, what's the latest on the CDMA builds, Civic? I hopped onto XDA and didn't see updates..well the last one was recent but I've been flashing like crazy since new roms are out and thought I'd come by in this forum to check it out
Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
N00b

alexandrite_june is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Is you nickname Mr. Literal? Nice to meet you, I am Mr Sarcasm in case you were to dumb to figure that out.
How many people are going to ask how to install this in this thread. If you cannot take 5 minutes to read through the thread to find your answer, that is posted repeatedly throughout the thread already, then you really can't want to install it that bad.
Laziness gets you nowhere in life, it only makes the non lazy work harder to compensate.
Whos being literal now? Looks like your to stupid to figure out sarcasm...
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrite_june View Post
Whos being literal now? Looks like your to stupid to figure out sarcasm...
Moving on for the sake of the thread.......If you want to continue you can PM me your last word if it will make you feel better.

Last edited by eman; 02-02-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Android VIP

95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDFW View Post
Agreed. GHarris is who I have to thank for making me go purchase a ATT sim card with data for around $60/month. This is SOLELY to test Android on my touch pro 2! Thanks GHarris! I'm enjoying it!

I hope you didn't sign into a contract; I'm close to finishing up CDMA data .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2