PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/24 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102603)

w7excursion 12-22-2009 03:55 PM

Re: Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/21

Im interested but will wait for more progress before I take a look at it.

whetzel 12-22-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 1431503)
Im interested but will wait for more progress before I take a look at it.

There really isn't any reason not to give it a try.

It doesn't actually install to the phone or flash the ROM in any way.

It all runs from the SD card.

WisdomWolfX 12-22-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetzel (Post 1431513)
There really isn't any reason not to give it a try.

It doesn't actually install to the phone or flash the ROM in any way.

It all runs from the SD card.

Exactly. It's certainly worth a look as the success of the project may depend on the bounty. I opted to take a look before I posted to the bounty thread to see if it seemed worthwhile or not.

Young_breedent 12-22-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1431599)
Exactly. It's certainly worth a look as the success of the project may depend on the bounty. I opted to take a look before I posted to the bounty thread to see if it seemed worthwhile or not.

have you tried the 1.6 build WisdomWolf??? I hear its a little more stable and a few things work on that one that doesn't work on 2.0.1 build. Any feedbak if you've tried both would definitely be helpful??? thanks in advance

WisdomWolfX 12-22-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1431605)
have you tried the 1.6 build WisdomWolf??? I hear its a little more stable and a few things work on that one that doesn't work on 2.0.1 build. Any feedbak if you've tried both would definitely be helpful??? thanks in advance

I only tried the most recent one, which I believe is 2.0.1. The touchscreen works correctly and I was able to navigate the system, but no marketplace access due to no data and it is a bit slow. It does look very promising though so I chimed in on the bounty. I have high hopes that next year we will really have the best phone with easy access to Android or WM.

HeXDeMoN 12-22-2009 04:57 PM

I couldnt get service with 2.0.1 build ;\ but it worked nonetheless

Ludacrisvp 12-22-2009 05:29 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i have been testing build 2.0.1 with the fixed touch screen this is what i have found. Verizon rhod500 spl and sim unlocked (energyrom 28008 for wm)
works-
volume down button - also allows you to back out of programs opened.
display on/off button - doesnt turn off display only digitizer, and brings up lock screen
long press of display on/off button - brings up menu for airplane mode and locking and rebooting
EDIT: mute button on back - while in a call i was sure i pressed it and a lock symbol came up on the screen - need to test again to confirm ----> Doesnt work.
--------------------------
unsure if i was roaming as a GSM subscriber or if i actually connected as CDMA but i was able to make and receive calls while in android.
NO SOUND from either end but the call did connect several times.
I was able to ignore the call and send them to voice mail.
service indicator said my network was "(green service) VODAFONE NL"
my phone language changed itself to the netherlands
all i had to do was disable flight mode and then android soft reset itself and i had service.
------------------------------------------------------------

Young_breedent 12-22-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp (Post 1431716)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i have been testing build 2.0.1 with the fixed touch screen this is what i have found. Verizon rhod500 spl and sim unlocked (energyrom 28008 for wm)
works-
volume down button - also allows you to back out of programs opened.
display on/off button - doesnt turn off display only digitizer, and brings up lock screen
long press of display on/off button - brings up menu for airplane mode and locking and rebooting
mute button on back - while in a call i was sure i pressed it and a lock symbol came up on the screen - need to test again to confirm
--------------------------
unsure if i was roaming as a GSM subscriber or if i actually connected as CDMA but i was able to make and receive calls while in android.
NO SOUND from either end but the call did connect several times.
I was able to ignore the call and send them to voice mail.
service indicator said my network was "(green service) VODAFONE NL"
my phone language changed itself to the netherlands
all i had to do was disable flight mode and then android soft reset itself and i had service.
------------------------------------------------------------

when u say u had service, u mean u were able to make the calls and recieve them but no internet right?? i was also able to make a call and receive one but just no sound. This is so promising i think we need some sound drivers or something and the internet fix is probably around the corner since they got it working on the vogue

rolgnav 12-22-2009 06:09 PM

This is the hope I had when I bought the TP2 instead of waiting for the Hero. Basically, this would be the ultimate phone (until we get a 1gz+ phone with slide out keyboard). The possibility of best of both worlds, WM and Android. This is exciting!

Ludacrisvp 12-22-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 1431730)
when u say u had service, u mean u were able to make the calls and recieve them but no internet right?? i was also able to make a call and receive one but just no sound. This is so promising i think we need some sound drivers or something and the internet fix is probably around the corner since they got it working on the vogue

Yes, by saying I had service did mean that I was able to make and receive calls just fine. We just were not able to talk to each other due to the speaker and mic not working, but the connection stayed open until I hung up one of the phones.
I was able to end a call using the screen off button on the top of the vzw tp2.
There is no data connection at all.
So no internet or SMS.
I went in to the messenger application and sent some messages while in flight mode and there was a little pop-up saying they would be sent when connection was restored.
I went in there again when I had service and sent some more messages, while I never got a pop-up saying they couldn't be sent they were never received on the other device. I was not able to receive any messages either.