PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
because some members also have gsm phones and enjoy contributing to the discussion thereof
this isn't a cdma/gsm thread its an android thread and I use gsm and I like it

the newest build from february 2nd with the zimage and modules from the recent build. THis is extremely fast
edit on subsequent boots calibration is still very off...so probably a new zimage will correct this erorr
but it is fast
Yea but theres nothing in the 1st post linking to the Feb 2nd build. This hasnt been updated for over a month and much more progress has been made. As far as I'm concerned this is old and outdated and needs to be updated or trashed. And since this is a forum for mostly CDMA users I thinks 95civics thread should be stickied instead of this.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
Yea but theres nothing in the 1st post linking to the Feb 2nd build. This hasnt been updated for over a month and much more progress has been made. As far as I'm concerned this is old and outdated and needs to be updated or trashed. And since this is a forum for mostly CDMA users I thinks 95civics thread should be stickied instead of this.
most builds are still highly alpha/beta without the stability of the 12/24 build. In fact the best build with working sound isn't uploaded because it doesn't work on all devices...

if you want to be froggy and test on a daily basis like me go to here

http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

no new updates for today yet and as for the new xdandroid build
htcandroid.xland.cz
go there but they should be only gsm but still pretty cool to see the new builds and the speed everyone is talking about just the same

edit new android has partial landscape - portrait rotation with slide of keyboard, faster too give it a shot with using the two links I referenced
but no sound yet =/ no wifi either I'll make a comment on glemsom

Last edited by Noir; 02-05-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Thanks, Iwillmakesuretocheckmygrammernexttime!

Did I here or is it hear that data coming soon? I think that is when we really get to play with Android!
dude. where the hell you been??
Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
much more progress has been made
Like what, exactly? You could make voice calls with my build, and keymapping works. There hasn't been much progress made for the Rhodium, just the Topaz. The thing people want most, WiFi, still doesn't work
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I concure, I could make and hear/them hear me with this build
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

new builds are just faster with 3g working on gsm (cdma unsure)
new package but wifi and sound do NOT work
but it is fast...I've been considering making my own release with hero sense...well a guy can dream right?
http://htcandroid.xland.cz/Android2.0.1-07.02.10.7z
just extract and well you know bla bla bla
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
new builds are just faster with 3g working on gsm (cdma unsure)
new package but wifi and sound do NOT work
but it is fast...I've been considering making my own release with hero sense...well a guy can dream right?
http://htcandroid.xland.cz/Android2.0.1-07.02.10.7z
just extract and well you know bla bla bla

so is this for cdma or gsm? you're on verizon and i thought they were cdma.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
so is this for cdma or gsm? you're on verizon and i thought they were cdma.
I use a tmo sim card currently
the only changes that ideally should be made is possibly the system and zimage from 95 cvic's build ideally. I just say give it trial and error and see what works...I haven't even went back to cdma since trying hero sense so I"m honestly not sure
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I use a tmo sim card currently
the only changes that ideally should be made is possibly the system and zimage from 95 cvic's build ideally. I just say give it trial and error and see what works...I haven't even went back to cdma since trying hero sense so I"m honestly not sure
i have an ATT sim but i've never even tried the data. hell. wasn't sure it was even possible.

now i'm thinking i need to figure it out so i can get the gsm version of andriod and go online!!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

you can. I have on t mobile
also I'm still tooling around a hero build
its hard no ts calibration file is generated that's leading to some issues but this build is faster...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2