PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

m3evo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android, it's alive!.. (2.0.1) - Updated 12/21

what do you mean by wiping not formatting? I formatted the sd card and have nothing it on it. I extracted everything from the zip directly to the card and ran haret but after 15 mins it still wont fully boot
Old 12-23-2009, 02:30 AM
N00b

m3evo is a n00b

Does it matter what Rom you are using? Im on EnergyROM_21885_RHOD500_17.Dec.2009_Standard_PHOEN IX and I formatted the card and it still will not boot into Android.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mine booted fine. Running mighty rom.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evo View Post
Does it matter what Rom you are using? Im on EnergyROM_21885_RHOD500_17.Dec.2009_Standard_PHOEN IX and I formatted the card and it still will not boot into Android.
Its possible that you have a really really slow SD card and that is what is causing it to not boot fully. Or a really small one that barely fits the files from the zip file on it, leaving no room for any temp files.

I don't think the ROM you have should make any difference.

I am running the EnergyROM Standard Phoenix from Dec 2nd (6.5.3 28008 ) with TouchFlo but I'm not using the touchflo

I would assume that by "wiping" all they did was delete all the files on the SD card.
Formatting would have done the same effect in the end.

Make sure that your SD card is formatted to FAT32 file system not NTFS or FAT or FAT16 or HFS .... etc
Old 12-23-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evo View Post
what do you mean by wiping not formatting? I formatted the sd card and have nothing it on it. I extracted everything from the zip directly to the card and ran haret but after 15 mins it still wont fully boot
he means he just deleted everything off of the card.

try to do the same and see if that works. and also tell us what error message (if any) comes up or which line it gets stuck at.

you could also try a different card if you have extras available
Old 12-23-2009, 04:15 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

see after reading this it getting really hard not to use my upgrade for a Tp2 .. + android ........... HELP ME HELP ME
Old 12-23-2009, 04:50 AM
N00b

m3evo is a n00b

Im using a Kingston 2gb micro sd card. I dont know what its write or read speeds are. I tried to flash back to a Sprint stock rom and that didnt help either so it might be the card. It was formatteed to Fat32 and had nothing on it besides the unzipped files.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:59 AM
N00b

m3evo is a n00b

The Kingston 2gb micro sd card was the problem. I just switched it out to a Sandisk 8gb and it booted up after a few minutes! I wish I did this 2 hours ago
Old 12-23-2009, 05:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

Wow I am unbelievably impressed. I fully expected this to be a buggy mess and really didn't think I would get it to boot at all. What actually happened was that it booted right into Android on my first attempt and I was greeted with what seemed to me to be a fairly functional version of the OS. Sure there is a lot to do but just seeing it running on my TP2 assures me that we will be running a very useful and smooth version of Android soon. There is a lot more working already than I ever expected. For example I was able to do all of the following (none of which I expected):

1. Switch between home screens
2. Pull down the notification window shade
3. Open the applications drawer
4. Install a widget
5. Add an app icon to the desktop AND later remove it
6. Run several of the apps included in the build. In fact they all seemed to run with the only limit being those that required a data connection not being able to proceed (they still ran fine though)
7. Play a game and the animations are surprisingly smooth

Congratulations to the devs of this one, what an amazing accomplishment. And BTW, Android looks stellar on the TP2 screen, what a match made in heaven! This is going to be something really special once a stable and 100% (or close to it) functional ROM becomes available. My WM ROM flashing days are over! I am running Mighty ROM 12/6 which is great, but it will be the last ROM I flash on to my phone until WM is replaced permanently by Android. I'll never flash another WM ROM again!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

+1 sticky!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2