PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148545)

wizardknight 05-01-2012 12:19 PM

Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2177170)
*#*#4636#*#*, or *#*#INFO#*#*

Edit - seems this menu might not provide roaming, just preferred network type. D'oh.

No worries. Points for trying. :thumbright:

tp2userp 05-02-2012 02:51 AM

What's the battery life with this build?

I am getting about 8 hrs in GXB0C, default package from the post, on full charge (from Winmo).

fortunzfavor 05-02-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tp2userp (Post 2177243)
What's the battery life with this build?

I am getting about 8 hrs in GXB0C, default package from the post, on full charge (from Winmo).

If you're on the .27 kernel, use the xdaledregime apk in the android apps folder to see if your device is sleeping.

Also, consider upgrading to one of the newer kernels if sleep is indeed your problem. That solved my sleep problem. Once you get whatever the issues is fixed, there's an app in the market called battery calibration (or something close to that) that will reset Android's battery stats and probably increase the accuracy of your battery meter a little -- it's something recommended for all users changing builds or batteries.

arrrghhh 05-02-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunzfavor (Post 2177269)
If you're on the .27 kernel, use the xdaledregime apk in the android apps folder to see if your device is sleeping.

Also, consider upgrading to one of the newer kernels if sleep is indeed your problem. That solved my sleep problem. Once you get whatever the issues is fixed, there's an app in the market called battery calibration (or something close to that) that will reset Android's battery stats and probably increase the accuracy of your battery meter a little -- it's something recommended for all users changing builds or batteries.

The new build has both Xdaledregime apps ;).

I'm also uploading another bundle. Not sure how, but I managed to screw up netloc again. I swear it's good this time, lol... :rolleyes:

I'm also ditching OI/Astro for ES per a few recommendations & based on some research. Uploading soon, the filename will stay the same - just watch for 'date modified' to change.

Edit - ran into a hiccup and had to make clean it and start over... at any rate, should be up in a couple of hours. Will update this post once I do.

Edit 2 - build is up on the .cz mirror site. Should get pushed to the main files.xdandroid.com soon...

Edit 3 - both mirrors look good.

countzero 05-03-2012 10:04 PM

I've poked around a little, but haven't done in-depth searching.

Weird issue after updating to GB0C on my phone: settings and apps have bad orientation. Home screens are fine. Kinda funny. Disabling auto-orientation rectifies the issue, but of course it no longer auto-orients.

Anyone see this? I have re-used my data.img from GBX0B, will try a clean image.

On 3.3 kernel from autobuild.

On the upside, seems snappier and wifi/tethering works peachy.

arrrghhh 05-03-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countzero (Post 2177410)
I've poked around a little, but haven't done in-depth searching.

Weird issue after updating to GB0C on my phone: settings and apps have bad orientation. Home screens are fine. Kinda funny. Disabling auto-orientation rectifies the issue, but of course it no longer auto-orients.

Anyone see this? I have re-used my data.img from GBX0B, will try a clean image.

On 3.3 kernel from autobuild.

On the upside, seems snappier and wifi/tethering works peachy.

Odd, never heard of this. Interested to see what a fresh data.img brings...

Curious, is it ALL apps, or just certain ones?

countzero 05-04-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2177423)
Odd, never heard of this. Interested to see what a fresh data.img brings...

Curious, is it ALL apps, or just certain ones?

All apps - except the home screen and app list. Those two are both OK. Problem is present in fresh data.img.

I did use the suggested gsensor_axis=2,1,3, as I have for a long time across all builds.

I have a Rhod400.

Totally bizzarre!

arrrghhh 05-04-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countzero (Post 2177484)
All apps - except the home screen and app list. Those two are both OK. Problem is present in fresh data.img.

I did use the suggested gsensor_axis=2,1,3, as I have for a long time across all builds.

I have a Rhod400.

Totally bizzarre!

Well, the values changed for DIAM, but I don't think they changed for RHOD.

The home screen doesn't rotate tho, unless you have an aftermarket launcher - Launcher2 doesn't rotate at all, unless you open the KB.

That is the correct gsensor setting, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on... You're literally the only one to report this, so I have to think it's something environmental with your setup/device.

Sc/ant864 05-06-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2177489)
Well, the values changed for DIAM, but I don't think they changed for RHOD.

The home screen doesn't rotate tho, unless you have an aftermarket launcher - Launcher2 doesn't rotate at all, unless you open the KB.

That is the correct gsensor setting, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on... You're literally the only one to report this, so I have to think it's something environmental with your setup/device.

Remember when I had the rotation issue, although mine was different with landscape and portrait mixed up. Try a complete fresh install including data.img, I'm pretty sure that's what it took for mine to resolve itself.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

auburnham 05-09-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Mini-resets troubleshooting

1 Attachment(s)
Just within the last 1.5 weeks I've been having mini-resets after getting into my car, when the following happens:
1) ExtUSB external power source connected
2) ExtUSB external audio connected
3) ExtUSB headset connected
4) Bluetooth linked
5) WiFi signal lost

I've gone through the same sequence for over a month now without mini-resets until the beginning of last week. I've had this problem with GBX0B and GBX0C and I've tried kernels .27 and .35.

I've attached a log file dump just after the mini-reset happened this morning at ~7:05am (5/9). The mini-reset happens closest to when the device realizes the WiFi signal is lost, so that might be a clue. I would appreciate any feedback of how to resolve or how to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!