PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
That's a Gingerbread 'feature'.
I noticed it on black screens like in settings that it "lights up" when scrolled all the way. So I thought that may have something to do with it doing it on white background without the "light up". Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edit- Is there anything that needs more testing right now?
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 01-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
noticed something odd

I use advanced task manager to kill apps (yeah I know people say not too, but I do).
Not sure if you know, but Android has a built-in task killer (lowmemorykiller), which is fairly sophisticated. In addition to being integrated into the system environment, it can reach processes that your generic task-killer app can not. There was some work that went into optimizing it with the release GBX0B, and it should now operate at a level more suited for our devices.

A much more effective alternative to task-killer apps are scripts (like V6 supercharger) that work with lowmemorykiller, rather than in parallel.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Edit- Is there anything that needs more testing right now?
Just report broken things, thanks. Especially any regressions from FroYo.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
Not sure if you know, but Android has a built-in task killer (lowmemorykiller), which is fairly sophisticated. In addition to being integrated into the system environment, it can reach processes that your generic task-killer app can not. There was some work that went into optimizing it with the release GBX0B, and it should now operate at a level more suited for our devices.

A much more effective alternative to task-killer apps are scripts (like V6 supercharger) that work with lowmemorykiller, rather than in parallel.
I didn't know this, I'll look into the V6 thing. The reason I want a task killer is because I load up enough apps and they don't self close. On TP2 anyways it seems to make OS sluggish and I start to get the force crash/wait alerts. So if I close tasks, I get fewer of the alerts
Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I didn't know this, I'll look into the V6 thing. The reason I want a task killer is because I load up enough apps and they don't self close. On TP2 anyways it seems to make OS sluggish and I start to get the force crash/wait alerts. So if I close tasks, I get fewer of the alerts
Look at my speed improvements thread dude...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html
Old 01-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Had a SoD last night after an hour+ call....waited 15 minutes and put the phone outside to cool...ended up soft resetting. Should I wait longer, pull logs or try different kernel?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Had a SoD last night after an hour+ call....waited 15 minutes and put the phone outside to cool...ended up soft resetting. Should I wait longer, pull logs or try different kernel?

Trying a different kernel couldn't hurt, but probably the most helpful thing would be to set up logs running during your long call. Just before you start the call start dumping these three logs to a file:
logcat -v time
logcat -v time -b radio
cat /proc/kmsg

and let those run while you do your call, then when your call freezes up package them up and post them, preferably to the bug report with a link here.
You may want to filter your personal information out of the logs before posting them, especially the radio log will have stuff like your phone number, the phone number of the person you called, and other stuff.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

how do we upgrade the kernel?

the only thing bugging me so far is related to google voice, i cant choose it as my voicemail carrier like i could in froyo

Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

trying that v6 script, seems to run into error installing it :S I get error2:script manager but it lets me run script but I don't have an option for run on boot. I can run it as root though and I used the settings arrrghhh described in the thread. I just can't tell if it is working or not
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99 View Post
Trying a different kernel couldn't hurt, but probably the most helpful thing would be to set up logs running during your long call. Just before you start the call start dumping these three logs to a file:
logcat -v time
logcat -v time -b radio
cat /proc/kmsg

and let those run while you do your call, then when your call freezes up package them up and post them, preferably to the bug report with a link here.
You may want to filter your personal information out of the logs before posting them, especially the radio log will have stuff like your phone number, the phone number of the person you called, and other stuff.
Thanks! I'll jump on this tomorrow when I know I'll make a long call, I take it I'll need to do this with a program via computer and not a logcat app on the phone like Catlog, no? Any suggestions for program choices?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development